Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community

Suggestion for MedHelp

Hi MedHelp,

There are some people on the fibro/CFS board who believe these conditions are the same. The evidence, presented at the IACFS/ME conference in Florida in January 2007 confirms that they are two separate conditions. However, sometimes they overlap, but autoimmune conditions also overlap with fibro & CFS as well.

I'm wondering if its time to start a new board for CFIDS/ME only ? That would be my first choice so members can find the board easier. If not, then we need to add CFS when people post on the current Fibro/CFS board. Right now, people only have the option to post for fibro questions and don't have the option to post CFS related questions.  

Thanks !
First Time I saw this site.

I have both Fibro and CFS what ever makes it easier for others.

pattir727

Hi Patti,

That is why the two conditions are often lumped together Also... because they have some similarities. However, many people with fibro or CFS can often have other conditions. For instance, I don't think I have fibro, but I have some autoimmune issues and chemical sensitivities.

My intent is that I don't think CFS members are finding the board because I've noticed a lot more members with fibro posting. I also don't want to confuse members between the two conditions. If we do keep the board as it is, we need to add "CFS", so that when members will post, they won't have to choose from fibro questions only.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.