Would like to have a baby

I am 33 and would like to explore the option of having children.  I live in Dallas, which isn't far from Baylor in Houston.  Who should I contact about genetic testing?  My IP was a result of spontaneous mutation.

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Contact the DNA lab at Baylor.  
Medical Genetics Laboratories  •  
Baylor College of Medicine •  2450 Holcombe,Houston,Texas 77021-2024
Grand Blvd.- Receiving Dock  •  713-798-6555  •  1-800-411-GENE (4363)
Fax:713-798-6584  •  Website:www.bcmgeneticlabs.org

Option for becoming pregnant can be found by going to the web site and reading newsletter #8 2003.  I would suggest that you also consult a genetics counselor at Baylor.

Susanne Emmerich
Founder and Exec. director, IPIF
Helpful - 0
Am 32 and currently 13 wks pregnant and my IP was diagnosed at birth also as a spontanous mutation.  I have done many bloodwork tests that are being analyzed at Baylor and also have had CVS testing recently.  What you need to start with I believe is the CVS.  This can be done between 10-12 weeks of pregnancy-earlier than amnio. It takes about 4 weeks to get results. This will determine if your fetus has the same mutation.  Baylor will need bloodwork from you to compare with your baby's blood.  
understand before anything that if you are pregnant there is a possibility that you may not be able to keep the baby.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Incontinentia Pigmenti Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions