Infectious Diseases Community

For infectious mononucleosis (mono), what were the symptoms and signs you experie...

...nced? - What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Infectious Mononucleosis?The most common symptoms of mononucleosis are fever, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, and fatigue. Symptoms usually develop between four to six weeks after exposure to the EBV. Other signs and symptoms of mononucleosis may include the following:headache,rash,malaise,loss of appetite,jaundice,tonsillitis (a white film may cover the tonsils),body aches,enlarged spleen and/or liver,abdominal pain, anddifficulty breathing.In younger children, the symptoms may be more subtle and may additionally include irritability and poor feeding.
My fever started in June and has not gone away. I have no energy and try to stay out of bed just to keep myself going.  Have no appetite and have lost pounds.  I am 72.  Doc said it is Mono.
My mono started with a severe headache and flu-like symptoms. The glands in my neck were very swollen and I had a nasty rash on one arm. Two months later, the glands in my neck are still visible and I'm still tired. I feel very washed out, but I do feel a lot better.
I am a 56 year old female with auto immune disease and I was diagnosed with Mono about 1 month ago. I am having all the symptoms but the most difficult is the acute anxiety attacks and the fatigue. My eyes were very yellow that's what brought me to the doctors and my urine was very dark we thought at first it was my liver. I have no idea how I contacted this but it is worst than Dermatomyositis that I have.
I am 47 with Mono/Epstein Barr Virus.  I have run a low grade fever for almost 2 months now.  I am tired and ache all over.  Other symptoms have been stomach pain, swollen adenoids, lower back pain, brain fog, blurry vision, dry mouth, sleepy, neck and shoulder pain.  I have been off from work for the duration of the virus and now plan to return to work in a couple weeks better or not.  Tired of being sick but hope I can pull off my 12 hour shifts. Infectious Disease doc said it should last 1-2 months and I'm counting on it.
Mono/Epstein Barr -- I'm a 55 year old, active and fit female. Thought I was battling a flu bug on and off for a couple weeks. Fever, sweats, chills, loss of appetite, fuzzy thought process, body aches, fatigue. One day couldn't get out of bed to save my life. Finally went to my doctor. Mono? Seriously at my age? Jokes abound of course, but if you've had this you know it's no laughing matter. I have never been so miserable and if you have never had it I hope you never get the experience. I have always thought of myself as a fighter. This has shown me that I am pretty much a wussy cry baby! Finally after two weeks feeling half way human and finally awake more than not, but still have a minimum 2 week recovery.
I'm 64, was shocked that my mono came back--hadn't had it since I was 17! My main symptoms are exhaustion and swollen glands, but it seems to have effected my immune system. Each time I thought I was finally over the mono, I was knocked down by other illnesses--diverticulitis last March (which put me in the hospital for 5 days on heavy i.v. antibiotics, then more for 10 more days after my release)and then bronchitis this last week (10 more days on antibiotics!) My doc says "this too shall pass" but it's SO FRUSTRATING! I used to think of myself as a healthy youthful energetic person in great shape. Now I can't imagine working out at the gym. I'm in bed by 9 each night, sleeping 10-11 hours, then feeling like a nap mid-day! It's depressing!