Infectious Diseases Community

For infectious mononucleosis (mono), what were the symptoms and signs you experie...

...nced? - What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Infectious Mononucleosis?The most common symptoms of mononucleosis are fever, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, and fatigue. Symptoms usually develop between four to six weeks after exposure to the EBV. Other signs and symptoms of mononucleosis may include the following:headache,rash,malaise,loss of appetite,jaundice,tonsillitis (a white film may cover the tonsils),body aches,enlarged spleen and/or liver,abdominal pain, anddifficulty breathing.In younger children, the symptoms may be more subtle and may additionally include irritability and poor feeding.
About five and a half months ago, I felt as though I was coming down with the flu, even though I had a flu shot.  I went to the doctor who diagnosed a sinus infection and put me on antibiotics.  Though the sinus pressure got better, I was unbelievably exhausted no matter how much sleep I got, had muscle weakness even though I'm very fit and active.  After three months of feeling awful and seeing my now former internist who did essentially nothing, I finally found an internist who asked lots of questions and ran a bunch of blood tests.  She called me with the diagnosis  -  mono!  It's now two months since the diagnosis. I've been resting a lot and am still exhausted.  This illness is the worst!  Hopefully I will start to feel better soon because I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired!
My 18 year old daughter has been diagnosed with mono. She is scheduled to go to college in about 5 weeks and needs her immunizations.
I have 3 girls and they all have had mono. The 1st child was diagnosed in 2007. The 2nd child was diagnosed in 2008 and now the 3rd child was dianosed last week. Why is it that with each case i become extremely sleepy?
My 40-year-old husband started with body aches and being very tired.  Within two days, he developed an extreme headache, the worst he's ever had in his life came on with a fever.  He was brought to the ER because the headache got worse, which he didn't think possible.  After a battery of tests, 2 days in the hospital and one more ER visit, the acute issues from this started to subside.  It was a terrible experience.  After about 10 days, he started to feel a bit better and now continues to recover, resting as much as possible.
I'm a 33 year old female. I have been feeling tired for nearly a month now. I've been battling to get out of bed. Terrible headaches, upset stomach, vomiting, swollen glands, sudden fevers and chills, sore throatÉ I got my results it clearly showed that I have had mononucleosis before (without knowing it) and that is currently active in my system. They have no idea how long I will be sick. I have been on the antibiotics for seven days. Today, most of the symptoms have gone but I feel very tired. I have returned to work today. After half days at work my headaches are back and I have a stiff neck. The tiredness is the worst. Don't know how I'm going to get through a whole day. I should have stayed in bed for at least  one more week but I have no more sick leave. Hope nobody else gets it from me. I stay clear of everybody. I try to take in as much fluids as I can. This is not a nice illness to have and the fact that nobody knows for how long I will be sick does not help much.
I was diagnosed witH mono after I visited my doctor because of extreme tiredness, which I thought was just my thyroid meds needing adjustment. I just turned 32 the day I got the call, and didn't feel any other symptoms until yesterday. Feels like an awful flu. Looks like I'm in for a long recovery.