Aa
A
A
A
Close
Infectious Diseases Community
1.8k Members

Lyme Disease?

I think I might have it on my leg, I've had it for some time but I thought of it as nothing. It's a large circle about 2 inches across. I had no symptoms though-out having this on my leg, but it grew a little bigger over the long period of time. It doesn't itch or anything.

I want to get it checked up but I don't have health insurance and I think if it's nothing it will anger my parents.
7 Responses
Maybe I could post a picture and you could tell me if it's something?
yeah please post a pic for me the bite usually looks like a bullseye in later stages nausea and other things send me a pic and il tell ya 4 sure.
428506 tn?1296560999
Is there a clearing in the rash?  The classic "bull's eye" rash associated with Lyme disease, called an  Erythema Migrans rash, is usually red concentric rings separated by clear rings.

However, Lyme disease can cause many other kinds of rashes, and not all EM rashes have clearings.

Do you recall a tick bite, or did you just notice the rash?  Have you been in situations where your risk of tick exposure was high?

Lyme disease is readily treatable if diagnosed early.  If you have it and let it go, it can cause serious systemic problems down the road, affecting not only the skin on your leg but also your joints, nervous system, and heart.  
No bulls-eye, and it's not itchy, and no tick bites.
428506 tn?1296560999
It's been awhile since your original post.  Do you still have the rash?  Do you have any other symptoms?
Still the rash, it hasn't grown though, and no symptoms what so ever.
It's still there and still the same.
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods