Shingles complication

I contracted shingles 7 weeks ago and was misdiagnosed. I presented with only one sore at my cheekbone and was given clindamycin orally for 14 days and Bactroban ointment for topical use. The sore was believed to be an early indication of MRSA.  I quickly developed cellulitis and swelling near, but not touching, the apparent abscess, as well as blisters in my nose.  I used the mupiricin.(Bactroban) to keep the nasal blisters moist.  Now diagnosed with post-herpetic neuralgia,  but I still have blisters in my nose treating with Bactroban. The original sore that was on my cheek never dried out, instead shrinking from the Bactroban. I am still suffering these and other new symptoms and I wonder if the original sore might be keeping the virus active since it never naturally resolved. Someone PLEASE help me.  Thank you.
Hi!
If it is really herpes, then you would need antiviral drugs and antiallergic therapy. Antiviral cream and tablets for herpes need to be taken. Usually non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are enough to control pain. So, please discuss with your treating doctor and start this treatment. This will help dry the lesions and treat the pain as well. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
My next appointment with her is in 6 days.  Is that waiting too long? Also, I have now contracted c-diff from the antibiotic treatment and am now taking vancomycin for this condition. Would proper treatment for the herpes interfere with this treatment. Thank you so very much for your concern and assistance.

You are reading content posted in the Infectious Diseases Community