Unkown virus
Hello I had sexual relations protected with a massage girl in California. Shortly after 3 days I started experiencing symptoms, need to urinate and redness in meatus of penis along with redness and irritation in eyes. By the end of that week I had tingling all over boxer short area The following week I had trouble walking due to the pain and tingling, this eventually turned into burning in the urethra and scrotum lasting two to three additional weeks. No noticeable blisters ever formed.I also suffered nerve like pain from buttock down back of right leg.

I am now left with after 5 months from this incident pelvic pain,sciatica type pain, itching and burning on scrotum from time to time but less severe than before. I also wake with watery eyes, sinus congestion, white stuff on corners of mouth every day since exposure. I have taken multiple STD panels for every STD HIV, syphilis, goon, chylmedia, hep, and herpes at 2 weeks, 6 weeks and 3 months all neg. I even followed up with an HIV and syphilis at 4.5 months and was neg.

I did receive treatment for the possible bacterial infections STD given z pack, doxy, ofoflax, uribel and something for trich.

My neuro said it's probably a unknown virus. I have been on a few rounds of antivirals for herpes just to see if there is a reaction, the antivirals seem to help the symptoms but herpes test was neg.

I am thinking this maybe undetected herpes infection accompany with a fungal overgrowth due to excess antibiotics.

Also my CBC came back normal but WBC was in the low range.

Any idea what this is? Please help.  
Hi Dev,
I can totally relate to your post, am going through the same thing. My exposure was 5 months ago (beginning Nov 2014), also in southeast Asia. I have 9 negative HIV tests but still a range of troubling symptoms, including dry mouth, white coated tongue, spots on chest/back/shoulders, angular cheilitis on corners of mouth, folliculitis, occasional loose stools and fatigue and malaise.

In Thailand , the main type of HIV going around is subtype E (or otherwise called CRF_01 AE). It seems this strain is more aggressive than other HIV strains, and goes to AIDS quicker if left untreated.

However, looking at your results, you have had the best and most sensitive tests possible, including PCR and DNA. You have also had a very good variety of tests, from combos/rapids etc - so definitely, if you had HIV, it would have been picked up by now. I would safely say you do not have HIV.

However, from your CD4 count, it seems like you are suffering from another illness. Have you tested for other things, like EBV, CMV, and other STD's?

CD4 fluctuation is quite normal, an HIV specialist doc called me it fluctuates a great deal even within a single day. The fact is, most of your readings are >500, so I wouldnt be too worried. But there are other illnesses that can cause lowered CD4. By the way , have you had your CD8 checked? This can also give a clue as to what type of illness you are suffering from.

If I were you, I would turn my attention away from HIV (you definitely dont have this) and look towards other illnesses. EBV and CMV would be a start, but there are also other less common viruses like XMRV, HTLV, etc which some people have talked about on these forums. I dont have much knowledge of the two latter ones.

Please keep me updated on how you get on.
I also noticed that your WBC was high at 7 weeks. This suggests you were fighting some kind of illness then.
Since then it has returned to a more normal level. So maybe the acute phase of your illness is over, and you are now in the convalescence phase.
Have your symptoms shown any signs of improving?
It doesn't look like HIV. You are pretty much normal on the CD4 count except for one time. That could have been another virus that caused that or a error in testing. Have you had a syphilis test? Also as CT scan of the brain? Since you have the memory problems it would be good to get the CT or MRI of the brain to check for problems there. Also, the rash or red bumps on the hands and arthritis could be a sign of Syphilis. It would be good to get that done. You are fixed on HIV but it could be something else. Your tests are all negative. So time to move on to figure out what else it could be. Since your WBC count went up to 13,000 it could be bacterial not viral. Also, you have had fevers. Another thing you may want to check is for TB just in case. Do a quantiferon gold test and a lung xray. These some things to think about.
mkh9
Thanks wanton.. Really it is good to discuss to get some more insights on this. I had tested ebv alone which was neg at 4 month..

Also I did western blot after 4 month and all bands came as negative.

I will try other tests as u said. But my doc who is senior ART specialist said me to give myself to his custody for another 50 days. He said I have mind problem and he has given anti depression tab for 20 days. I will update here on any insights or any results..

Also what was your exposure? My exposure is vaginal lick for 10 secs with no fluids. But I afraid whether she might be in her periods where I got into a contact with her blood.

I sweat like a falls nowadays. No clue so far.
Thanks mkh9 for the prompt reply. I had tested for syphillis twice once at one month and 4 month and it was negative. I don't have cough and anyhow I will do the tb test next time. I was working in a uk based software company and quit the job due to loss of concentration and jobless for 2 months. Previously I was the top performer there. Looks like some pathogens affecting or it is just depression. Fingers crossed... Will update you after my doc get any insights on this ..
Hi wanton. My symptoms are not improving except weight loss. Now gained 14 pounds in 2 months. Joint pain and muscle pains are getting worse. All d day and night feeling very sleepy..

Also I tested for thyroid , RA factor and autoimmune and all came negative. Very strange...

I would still check on the TB. Also, if you just had the RPR done it can give a false negative 20% of the time. So getting an FTA would be a good thing to do.

Since you are having these issue with your head the MRI or CT would be a good thing to do. Maybe it is stress or depression. After the 20 days or whatever then if you still have it then I would that done if  you can to rule any structural problems out. Another thing to think about is Lymes disease and parasites. You have no fever so night sweats could be a hormonal problem or stress. But the white count was up and that isn't stress. I don't think it is related necessarily to this incident but that you could have been exposed at the same time to something around that time to something. I am looking at this with an open mind. I have seen many people on here who are certain it is due to their exposure and have found quite a few that had something else.
mkh9
Hi Wanton,

my last cd8 was around 530.. My cd4% was above 40% in all the tests and even when it reads 330. Do you have any interpretation on these numbers??
Sure mkh9.. will do a tb test. Also my test at 4 month was vdrl and doctor said it is shyphilis . Also I have a plan to do CT or MRI next week if it doesn't subside . thanks a lot for all d suggestions..
Your CD4% is strong. Low CD8 is also a good sign.
Typically in acute HIV, CD4 falls rapidly first, and then bounces back, but usually not to previous levels. CD8 also starts to climb (often into the 1000s) and this remains the case.
Your CD4 on the other hand is showing consistency around the 500 mark.It isnt really showing a big spike or drop.  
Your CD8 has also remained low .
So these numbers, to my knowledge, are not at all indicative of HIV.
Okay. Let us know how it goes.
mkh9
Update.

Many of my symptoms are better and I'm feeling a bit better.

However, I continue to have anal itch and tailbone/anal pain/pressure.

Stool culture came back clear, also had an xray on my tailbone that was fine.  Dr. is suggesting a colonoscopy to see if that shows anything that might be referring pain in the area.

Wondering if I should be pushing for anal swab STD tests and/or a parasite test?
I guess it might be good to get the colonoscopy. I have had two. Not too bad as they put you under. You can ask and make sure they do. The hard part is they day before you can only eat jello and broth. Then you take pills or whatever prep they tell you. I asked for the pills. You go for for the rest of the night. for about 4 hours. It didn't make me cramp. It will give them an idea of any thing wrong inside. I'm not so sure that you need an anal swab for STD's. They would most likely see any worms if you had them with the colonoscopy as well as fissures and other problems.

I don't recall if they checked to see if you had an enlarged prostate?  I think it is best to follow up with the colonoscopy due to the pain issue to rule this out.
mkh9
Thanks for the feedback.

I've only had a digital rectal exam, which the Dr. felt was fine.  He did do a PSA test that was also fine.

I have a feeling like I have some sort of anal infection/fungus.  The fungal cream seams to make it a bit better when initially applied, but it hasn't gone away completely..... gets worse between applications.

Colonoscopy this week....I assume it would find any/most parasites if there are any?  if it doesn't reveal anything I guess I'll push for a rectal swab STD test.

I should mention, the only other symptom that persists is my tongue is white (comes and goes a bit).... much like it was when I was initially diagnosed with geographic tongue.  Other than that my energy is better and less pain/numbness in my legs etc.  So better overall, but the itch/pressure in the backside is disconcerting.
Ok. Well I think it is good to get the colonoscopy done and over with. If it is negative you could still get a parasite test done but the ones that the colonoscopy wouldn't pick up you generally would have diarrhea. But you could try. The rectal pain should be checked out. I wouldn't worry too much about the white tongue it probably is bacteria. You could have them check for yeast to see. But most of the time even if it looks white it isn't yeast it is bacteria. If all is negative you can try terbinafine for the anal itch.
mkh9
Thanks MKH9!

Could the tongue bacteria and anal itch be linked?  Could they do a culture on my tongue bacteria to see what it is?

Not familiar with Terbinafine.... currently using Clotrimazole as prescribed by the Dr.
I doubt very much the tongue bacteria and anal are related. You could check for yeast yourself by using a tongue scraper or the back of a toothbrush that has a tongue scraper and scraping the white stuff and if it bleeds or hurts (without digging in) it could be yeast. If not and comes off easily it is usually bacteria. Yeast smells like bread while bacteria stinks. LOL. They usually don't do a culture of the tongue unless you want a yeast culture which would be a fungal culture. They wouldn't need to do a culture just a smear to tell if there is yeast. It is easy to see. Unless you want to know if you have a resistant strain. Then they would do a test or culture.

If the Clotrimazole works that is good. If it doesn't either it isn't a yeast or iti s resistant.
mkh9
I ended up having a flexible sigmoidoscopy instead of a colonoscopy.  Everything looked good with it.  The Gastro Dr. was only somewhat concerned about my B12 being low and wondering what the cause of that was.

He told me to go on a more bland diet, try to eliminate refined sugars, don't drink caffeinated or fermented beverages and start taking a probiotic.

I've been following those instructions for about 3-4 days now and things seem better.  Also still using the clotrimaderm cream for my anal itch.  I think the combination of b12 shots, probiotic and clotrimaderm are working, and suspect I have some sort of fungal infection that is at the root of all this.

I'll keep the diet up for a couple of months and see if things get back to normal.  Not sure how long I should/can use the clotrimaderm..... or if I should continue B12 shots or transition to pill form.  I'll have to consult my Dr. about those things in a couple of weeks.
Well, has the pain gone away? The sigmoid doesn't cover the whole intestine. But did it cover the area you had pain in?  Are you vegan? If not why would your B12 be low? That is the question. A couple of things is atrophic gastritis and pernicious anemia can cause low B12 if you are not vegan.  Also, atrophic gastritis can be caused by infection with a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori or auto immune (Hasimotos thyroiditis) also. Doctors don't seem to take H. pylori seriously even to this day. Even though there are new guidelines with the American Gastroenterology society. So in my opinion you need to get to the bottom of why your B12 is low not just sugar coat it by taking supplements or injections.  Some tests  you can do:

1. Hashimotos thyroid test
2. Complete blood count and Iron, vitamin B12 in a couple of months to follow up after the injection and a ferritin. The complete blood count will help to see if you have pernicious anemia. Also, these tests can look for iron deficiency anemia.
3.Yes I would transition to a once a week B12 pill. Sublingual (under the tongue) methylcobalmin form 5000mcg. Unless your doctor wants you to take more to start with then go down.  Methylcobalmin is absorbed better than the other types. You can get it at Costco or other stores.
If you are low in vitamin B12 your fingers will tingle or you may get other symptoms if it is worse.

The H. pylori test is a special urea breath test. You have to get that at the gasteroenterologist. Usually, you have stomach pain, or reflux, or intestinal pain. But not always. You can carry it around for a long time without symptoms and then all of a sudden you will start getting symptoms and it can lead to stomach cancer and intestinal cancers. Although it takes a long time. It can cause ulcers and bleeding which can give you anemia and low vitamin B12.

So these are some things to think about. If you are interested in the urea breath test or stool antigen test I can tell you more about them. The urea breath test is the gold standard though. It looks for current infection.
mkh9
See last post. I wanted to add. I didn't mean to worry you about H. pylori and stomach cancer or intestinal cancer. It is rare compared to ulcer or reflux and anemia. I should have said so early on. Ulcer is the main problem it causes. But generally a lot of people don't have symptoms for years and then they may or may not get an ulcer etc. But generally it can cause problems and disrupt the stomach acid etc.
mkh9
Thanks for the responses.

I agree I'd like to understand why my B12 is low.  I'm not a vegan and eat plenty of meat etc. which should keep the levels good.  The Gastro Dr. indicated that it is generally an absorption problem in males.... but didn't seem too concerned after doing the scope as it came up clean.

I've been trying to eat a low sugar diet and avoid all the things the gastro mentioned; coffee, tea, cola... cut out all sweets and trying to minimize bread.  Mostly eating chicken, veggies, fruits and yogurt.

My back pain is better, all though flared up a bit today.  Still have itch though.  It generally is better with the Clotrimaderm cream.  I put it on in the morning (7am) and evening (10pm).  The itch generally flares up in the early evening and I may need to start putting it on at 7pm to space it out evenly.

I've noticed a bit of a red "flushing" on my neck the last few days as well.  Not really a rash, but definite redness.  Someone today asked why my neck was so red, so it just isn't in my head.

I'll be going back to my GP next week to discuss the B12 issue and see if he has any other thoughts.

I don't really have any stomach pain issues or indigestion that would indicate something like H Pylori.

Monday/Tuesday this week I felt like I was getting back to 100%, but Wednesday/Thursday saw more pain and itching.  :(
Yes I don't believe the idea that "men" have malabsorption problems unless they have a problem with their pancreas. That is ridiculous. Not many people have low B12. Was it just slightly low? If so then it isn't that big of a deal. But if very low then it may be an anemia or something else. Well, I have said what I think. Yes it probably isn't H. pylori causing the problem if you have no symptoms. It is too bad you didn't get the colonoscopy instead but hopefully it is a dietary issue or something else. You also need to eat whole grains. No white bread or white rice. See what the GP says and if the anti-fungal cream works. If not it could be pinworm. Although, it is not that common. But it does come out in the early morning and late night.
mkh9
But then I think the doctor would have seen the pinworm on the sigmoid most likely.
mkh9
I also suspect they would have seen pinworms with the scope.

Right now I shower in the morning and let the spray focus on my lower back and anus and apply the Clortrimaderm after.  Then have a bath at night with Epsom salts and again apply the cream.  

Combined with this I'm taking a probiotic and trying to just eat meat and veggies (largely) as well as yogurt.  I am eating a bit of fruit, but trying to avoid all refined sugars.  Not drinking coffee, tea, cola etc.  Mostly water with a bit of Cranberry juice.

It seems if I follow this regimen the itch is largely managed.  I get a bit of itch in the late evening before I bath/put on the cream.  As well as some during the day if I sit to much.  The back pain is mostly gone, but also flares up if I sit to much.  If I vary from the regimen the itch/pain also flares up a bit.

Great to manage it, but I'd like to eliminate.  I'm also not sure how long I can/should use the Clotrimaderm cream.  But I'll get my GP to clarify next week.
That is good. Sounds like you have it pretty much under control. Keep yourself dry after showering or bathing. Fungi love moisture.
mkh9
I have posted on here and just wanted to give an update. I am still experiencing a few symptoms and it's been close to 2 years since symptoms began. Thinking back, my symptoms have eased up quite a bit compared to how I was during the first year.  I also take 1200mg of gabapentin and 50mg of Amitriptyline and 100mg of doxycycline every night so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I took a medicine for candida a couple months ago and it seemed to help some but I picked most symptoms that it helped back up after stopping. My biggest complaints now are stomach cramps and ibs symptoms.  I also have really bad joint pain. Tongue is closer to normal. Will sometimes have the irritated scrotum problem. I also have a burning sensation in my feet.  There are a few things I've noticed.  I do think it's contagious and not from sex but from saliva. My roommate who is a male started having some strangely close symptoms to what I've been going through about 2 months ago. We are both very heterosexual, however we share the same bathroom. And smoke after each other. I think everyone thinks it's an std because most people kiss when they have sex so they think it's related to sex. I will mention again that I've been tested for everything sexual transmitted along with a ton of other tests. I finally got something to show up in one of my tests I had a couple weeks ago.  My doctor decided he would do a case study on me and start testing for a ton of random stuff. I had an ANA test which came back very positive. This shows that my body is producing an excessive amount antibodies that are attacking my body. My doctor went ahead and ran a lupus test on me which I'm waiting on the results.  I know for a fact that certain foods cause me to have worst symptoms and imflamation. These being sugars, beer, sodas, and a few others. This led me to believe it could be candida related but I'm not really sure.  I know my doctor right now thinks he is on to something with my ANA test coming back.  I don't know if I really think the lupus test is gonna come back positive but I'm highly convinced it's not HIV. If any of you have the same thing as me it's on overactive immune system problem which is the exact opposite of what HIV is. HIV is under active and not having the ability to fight sicknesses whereas this is an over active problem.  I'll keep you posted and let you know what I find out.  I've read some posts about symptoms subsiding a little after 2 years.  I know I've improved at least some and am coming close to the 2 year mark so I'm hopeful I'll continue to get better.
Hi, I just wanted to mention that several things can cause a positive ANA besides Lupus. One of them is Lymes disease. I don't recall your history but you might want to get tested for that if you haven't yet. The fact your are on Doxycycline rang a bell too since that is the treatment for Lyme. So also I wouldn't believe a diagnosis of Lupus unless you have at least 6 positive tests for Lupus. It is the most misdiagnosed tests. So, your anti-DNA, complement, I would to look up the rest to make sure which ones have to be positive. I try to tell people this because my friend was misdiagnosed and on treatment for 30 years. So, something to be aware of.
mkh9
I sent you a message with some specific things I'm trying to figure out. Thanks!
just wondering bhb if you had a candida test done to see if it was in the blood ?a friend of mine is going through similar issues and so far we have found candida in his blood .p66 and p41 wich they attribute to lymes diseaseand we also found lesions on his brain .we found this through ideas and suggestions we had for each other .but even though we found them the dr says they are ok to have .i myself had an interesting find that i carry the atp7b gene .wich it looks like i am a carrier for wilsons disease .they are going to investigate further now.
Did you find actual yeast in the blood? Did he have a high fever?  The markers are different than actually having the active live yeast in the blood culture.
mkh9
Try Blastocyst hominis.... read Bad Bugs and peoples experiences. It is very serious for some people
Blastocystis hominis does not usually cause problems for most people unless your immune system is not working. Most of the time it isn't a pathogen. But sometimes it causes diarrhea. It usually clears on its own.
mkh9
The abdominal part I agree with but if you go to http://bhomcenter.org/ you will find that a lot of these people have strange neurological type problems post infection. Rashes, itchy skin, cognitive problems... I do not believe everyone on your the site has blasto but I believe something has damaged the nervous system and immune system of a lot of people globally. My only question is how is the body damaged in such a way to be so long lasting in so many people? I believe all these people are very serious about their health concerns which is falling on deaf ears of the medical community. More because they really do not know what is going on. They would rather put it down to being psychological and dismissing the patients concerns. An unknown virus may be the initial cause of your symptoms but the damage seems so long term that something  else might be at play here. Not that this helps in anyway. Many long lasting medical conditions from Lyme, Chrones, Fibro, Lupus  etc may all share a common source. However we study them as if they were different things. Just a thought.
I don't think many people have symptomatic Blastocysis hominis. Only the one person I was talking to. There is the New HIV-Like Virus in China. But You can read it for yourself. It is http://sites/google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/

It isn't a new strain of HIV it is a virus that makes you think you have HIV. It is very strange. It also is mostly in China. Although, viruses have a way of spreading quickly in travel. The symptoms are diverse. But it does usually lower ones CD4 count and people have a negative HIV test because you don't have HIV and this virus isn't a HIV like virus. People who have this also have a raised CD8 count. 60% have normal CD4 counts or they return to normal after a few years.  Some people get remission from symptoms after about 2 years.

In all patients this Chinese virus causes a chronic, persistent infection that does not disappear.  

General symptoms: low grade fever, flu-like feeling. Loss of appetite. Ongoing fatigue and weakness, wiht mental and physical fatigue after exertion.

There are other specific areas of the body that has specific symptoms. See the link.I don't think you have to have all of them.

The underlying thing is you keep retesting and retesting thinking you have HIV and don't . The virus makes you think you do. All have extreme anxiety. It is a neurologic pathogen. It is something to think about. I don't know how you get tested for it. I don't even know if anyone in the U.S. has it.

I am NOT saying that anyone on here has this. I am saying many people have talked about this virus and I am giving this information out because I just found more on it.

Also, because you mentioned that noone wants to talk about it. I am generally not on this site I am on the overall infectious disease site which this is a subset of and this site kind of runs itself. I oversee it now and then. To see if I can contribute to it.
mkh9

I have read a lot on this thread, and my symptoms closely match one of the original starters of this post. I believe it was either matt or raven? Has anyone heard how they are doing? My story is similar to everyone's on here: Protected sexual encounter with a woman. Negative for all STDs and HIV up to 5 months after using multiple tests. Had CBC, thyroid, heavy metals, vitamin deficiency done, all were non-indicative of infection, and not abnormal.

Symptoms:

Week 1:
Anal and scrotum itching
Low grade fever
Night sweats
Malaise
Weakness in arms and legs
9 lbs in weight loss

Week 5:
Dizziness, imbalance
shaking hands
chest pain
shortness of breath

Week 12: Low Testosterone

Today really the only problem is the low testosterone.
From this thread, what other things should I specifically test for?

HTLV? H. Pylori? Other bacteria or Viruses? CD4/CD8 count?

It's been about 13 months, and I feel close to normal, but it comes and goes, dizziness is worse on some days as is the low testosterone. I pay close attention because I weight lift and play soccer and have to know what's going on with my body.
Since your symptoms are close to normal now and you weight lift and are probably in pretty good shape other wise. How is your blood pressure, and blood sugar? Have you ever checked your heart for arrhythmia? Do you get any feeling of skipping a beat or flutter or a bit of chest pain that isn't that bad could be a benign arrhythmia or even one that may need some treatment. It could give you these symptoms. You could check that with a 24 hour monitor and EKG. Then also get an echo-cardiogram just to make sure everything is normal.  

Your symptoms don't sound like HTLV, or H.pylori. Do you have any stomach pain? With H. pylori you usually have stomach pain or reflux.

I think it would be good to get those tests done and cardiac enzymes perhaps. How is your cholesterol and triglycerides?

What is your diet like? I lift weights 3 times a week but I am a beginner. I still take in 20 g of protein besides by diet which has 60g. Drink 8 glasses of water or more if you are exercising (it can be a combination of tea or other clear fluids).

Caffeine, sports drinks like red bull, and sugar can make arrhythmias worse.

regards,
mkh9
Hello not sure where you live but ......your sympthoms may be atmosphereic spray  related ... check out the  geo engineering projects and the chemical fall out with sympthoms!! then please continue your
search .good luck
Most of the cases described in this thread match enterovirus coxcackie B. This virus is spread through saliva and is not that easy to detect by standard routine tests.because after first two weeks it migrates from blood to cells and there is only tiny amount of virus present in blood stream. Antobodies usually disappear after several months. There are few labs having a specific tests for chronic enteroviruses, one of them ARUP in Texas. China HIV-like virus is most probably also enterovirus or echovirus and has nothinbg to do with HIV.

There is no cure for enterovirus. Immune system of most healthy people normaly clears the virus or better say makes it dormant within 2-3 weeks. How well one deals with the virus depends on whether the immune system is in a state of TH1 or TH2 activation. If it becomes chronic the options are usually limited. About 20 years ago, antiviral drug pleconaril specifically developed to fight enteroviruses were introduced. But the results are mixed and some countries refused to approve the drug. It is worth to try oxymatrine, which is a natural herb that helps against enteroviruses but only selective number of people (40%-50%( are successful.

Although I do not post updates anymore on my situation, I liked to come to this thread once in a while to look up any new info that might of been provided...that is until a "spam" post from uduemi got here....sad.
Oh and for the record, my health has gotten a lot better since my sexual encounter that happened a year and a half ago.
Hi im going through the same i was tested at 12.5 weeks and 13 weeks through oral sex male to male ive been going crazy tested negative at 3 clinics for sll stds hiv is still hanging over me and i think im infecting everyone
Glad to hear you are doing well! Thanks for keeping us posted.
mkh9
Glad you are doing better.  Thought I would also post an update.

My general health is good, but I still have a couple of symptoms white tongue (comes and goes a bit, but always there) as well as itch.  The itch is mainly in the anal/tailbone area, but also seems to be migrating up my back and to my arms.

The symptoms seem to fade at times, but come on at others.  Almost on a monthly cycle.  The tongue issue I never notice, until I feel the itch come on, and then I check my tongue and it is somewhat white.

All my other symptoms have largely gone away, and for the most part I'm fine.  Just every 3-4 weeks I get itch that lasts a week or so and then fades (never completely but almost completely).

I wonder if I have some sort of scabies, mites or bed bugs.... or maybe lyme disease.
Get a fungal urine culture the fungus on the skin and in your mouth prob got on your hands & spread in your urithra and kidney that what happened to me..still waiting on my appt to test it mine I got on my foot then my hand then my crotch had all the same symptoms and now like you I have pain pressure in my kidneys the thing about fungus you  wash it off with soap or alcohol and if you have it in one part of body it spreads all over when you touch such as washing or applying lotions I itch behind my ears skin too and my armpit had burning itch on my toe for a year until I stopped using latex glove to wash my infected foot now my hand itch and the ears armpit and pubic area with kidney pain pressure I'm going to dermatologist to do scraping of my skin on the foot to test for fungal culture since I read that urine    might not show cause it takes weeks to grow it and they discard the specimen of urine after a week
Did you know if scabies can live long term in the body and not show symptoms all the time? At times of stress the immune system is suppressed and scabies mites multiply? Is that possible?

Old folks sometimes get Norwegian scabies that is a massive outbreak. Usually they suffer from dementia and complain of bugs but do not see them. Maybe the body has enough time to not mount a serious response like rash but itching still occurs. Not sure if that is possible. Any thoughts?
No I don't think this kind of immuno-suppression occurs with scabies or mites. They can live long term on the body but you will have symptoms and they will multiply. But if say your spouse has it and you don't and/or have not been treated for it for 30 days, it may be a drug reaction that the person has and not scabies. So it should be confirmed that they have scabies by a microscopic exam. They do a skin scraping of the person and then see if they have it.
mkh9
Generally, I left my sane mind and had unprotected sex and oral after being very sexually reserved for about 8 years. Maybe 2 days later I got the sniffles sore throat (swollen lymph nodes),  aches and pains.  But for those two days, I was invigorated working out like a champ after having been off track with my routine.  I'm a diabetic, invigorated, I retried starting a medication that previously made me have the runs.  I lost 3-5 lbs last week, now I have a slightly pink discharge.  The most worrisome detail is after sex my partner says he has enough problems just keeping his blood count up.

My fear is this is without remedy.....oh yeah tingling along my left arm is prominent.
Please I need help,  I had an encounter in November and passed 7 weeks and that's when I started to get sick. Morning sickness,weight loss, night sweats, depressed, tiredness, itchy skin, bruises.. and now I have a white tounge, constipation, I have tested for HIV 3 times and for the common stds, mono, CMV, hepatitis C and came back negative. I am a 27 yr old female. Please it would help me to hear something from you. I am desperate because I think is something contagious.:(
rosah27, I have to ask the obvious, you are not pregnant right? Don't take it the wrong way. Also, night sweats, weight loss and dry cough or cough could be TB related. Have you been tested for that? You can get a quantiferon gold TB test. Not sure what else it can be. Have you traveled outside the U.S.? If not that you can also check for anemia so get a complete blood count, iron , and ferritin and B12. Those are two of the things that can rule out a lot of things. Perhaps a general chemistry profile too.
mkh9

Hi.
I have been reading this thread that has been going a while now currently upto page 42.I had unprotected vaginal 4.5 months ago and oral sex whilst on holiday with friends in spain.
Two days after i felt a tingling in tip of penis and needed to urinate more frequently, this lasted for 1 week or so and went away, i was the  left with red enflamed penis tip.

Symptoms ive had: full body tingling (1 night)
Hand and feet tingling/numbness (6-8 weeks)
Lower back pain (1 day)
Neck pain (1day)
Mouth ulcers (1 day)
Stomach pain (2 weeks)
Itchy anus (on and off)
Itchy eyes (on and off)
Hot/cold hands and feet
Sore knees (could be exercise)
Penis tip is red and enflamed (like pair of lips)- constant for 4 months
Itchy penis tip (occasional)
Groin and left testicle ache(1 day)
Clumpy discharge from under forskin at start

Symptoms ive got now:
Stinging aches and pains in forearm calves, groin.
Penis tip still enflamed
Occasional genital stinging
Occasional itchy anus
Occasional itchy eyes
Occasional muscle twitch in leg.
Other symtoms have gone and the aches and pains started about 10 weeks after exposure just when the tingling in hands and feet stopped.

Have seen many doctors who have put symptoms down to anxiety and stress. Granted some of them may have be. I made a stupid mistake and cheated on my girlfriend of 5 years. We plan to get married next year. I was a mess at one point and thought i ruined my life.
I have had unprotected sex with my gf maybe 4 times since i got back because the doctors convinced me it was anxiety and fungal. she seems fine Thank god. We are now back to using condoms because i told her im using a new cream from the docs to treat my penis tip. I just dont feel safe having unprotected with her.
I have been tested extensivly but my last tests 12 weeks after exposure were negative. Hiv, hep B/C clym, gon, syh. Swabs also done. Urine test for bacteria negative.
I currently went back to my doctor and am waiting results for bloodwork and penis swab. Dont know what shes testing for but was ticking every box lol. I will ask.
She said herpes doesnt behave like this so dismissed it. Never had any sores.  
I am in general feeling better since the start but these stining aches are worrying.
Mkh9 i also sent this to you privately aswell.. your not going mad :)
Any updates from anyone? I too have been suffering for a few months now. What's annoying about these forums is that no one ever comes back to give you an update. Are the main contributors to this topic right back at the beginning of it still alive?