Infectious Diseases Community

What is your biggest challenge with living with mono?

Infectious Mononucleosis Symptoms and Signs  Infectious mononucleosis (often called "mono") is a common viral infection that causes:fever,sore throat,enlarged tonsils, andswollen lymph nodes.Mononucleosis is most commonly caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), and it is most frequently diagnosed in teenagers and young adults.Mononucleosis generally resolves without medical help, though it may last from weeks to months.Treatment is aimed at easing the symptoms of the illness, and it can usually be done at home with plenty of rest, fluids, and over-the-counter medications.Serious complications only rarely occur.
I'm a 31, female who is very active and was recently diagnosed with mononucleosis, after feeling very sick for over 5 weeks. Symptoms started with malaise, extreme swollen lymph nodes in one side of my neck, chest pain, night sweats, chills, heart palpitations, anxiety, swelling in the groin, weight loss and extreme joint pain in my legs. After two trips to the emergency room and two routine blood tests, they tested me for mono and it came back positive 5 days later. I'm still feeling sick but relieved.