Infectious Diseases Community

What was the treatment for your Epstein-Barr virus infection?

There is no specific medicine to treat mononucleosis. Some physicians use corticosteroids to treat significant swelling in the throat or an enlarged spleen, but steroids are not needed in most people. Antiviral medications are available to help oral hairy leukoplakia, including acyclovir (Zovirax), ganciclovir (Cytovene), and foscarnet (Foscavir).
I received report that my Epstein-Barr number is 600 and the doctor did not elaborate. He said to rest. I do not understand.
I too have had Epstein-Barr virus infection for 25 years, and it has played around with my Lyme disease for 25 years. This is I what I take, 6,000 to 8,000 units of good quality of vitamin C, then I take T and B cell modulator to rebuild immune system, and something made from the Venus fly trap plant. It works fast, I take about 9 caps a day and it literally eats up the viruses and Lyme. It is the plant that snaps at their prey and eats them. A change in energy and best company keeps you in best of health.
I received a diagnosis of chronic Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection causing chronic fatigue syndrome. Many doctors don't know much about chronic EBV (they diagnose mononucleosis, but that is clearer). EBV is in your body dormant for life, after mono is gone. Doesn't cause a problem in healthy people. But, if your body is immunosuppressed by major chronic stress, not taking care of yourself, etc., out pops EBV to infest your organs. It is nasty.