Infectious Diseases Community

candida/systematic

Ok i didnt know where else to go seems like i couldnt find the yeast infection forum. I have had a rash on my testicles and on the tip of my penis and i have been given a cream three times by my doctor and to no avail. I have also had extreme stomach aches for years now and sometimes i feel feverish or like ima get sick and i dont, I have been check for HIV, and Herpes ans stds and nothing. Also on top of the insane painful stomach aches i feel my heart racing at times for no reason i have had this rash for months and month now and it doesn't go away. I have also been depressed for no reason for a while and now ive been very anxious i have socail anxiety and this came out of nowhere as i never dealt with it. Earlier this year i would feel tired and sleepy for no reason and now it comes and goes i work out and try and push myself. Im starting to think i have candida. I took antibiotics alot whern i was younger and once i took a cycle of them and apparently it didnt take and i was given more for the same thing and now im thinking even tho this happend alot of years ago maybe 6 years ago thats when the really werid and painful different stomach aches came about. Also i drank the other day and these white things formed around my mouth. I also had a finger fungus twice in the last year. I have read that stomach aches, rashes, toe infections, fatigue, anxiety and deprssion can all be a sign. Im going back to the doctor on friday but i was wondering if there is pill i can take my dcotor didnt want to give me one since i was on anti anxiety but i have stopped brcause i dont want to take those deadly things anymore, I was also wondering after i take diflucan how fast i can expect this fungal rash on my penis to disappear, also i was wonder if a blood test has to be done or if the fierst one i did is enough or do they have to look for it specifailly. Also after the anti biotic i was thinking about taking probtiocs which i am atm but i  think i have a candisis, can anyone tell me what other signs there are and if they have dealt with this before ?

also now i have been feeling tightness in my chest like if i had worked out like idk where its coming from, the anxiety is going away for the most part. But all this week i had intense headaches that even caused me to feel weird and dizzy. I had trouble focusing and also had blurred vision, i have checked my eye sight and it is not the issue, my doctor has given me diflucan 4 pills told me to take them one week apart 150 mg, i have a fear that this isnt enough. My anxiety has gone away some and im feeling slightly better about that but i still have some issues. I started taking proboitcs but idk what to do i feel like im slowly dying because my doctor doesnt hear all my spmtoms. SHould i go to a nutrients doctor or a infectious disease doctor for more help ? also i have had trouble sleeping the last year and ahalf  i wake up like three times at night, i have takent he diflucan just ince and about to take it again second week tuesday(doctor told me a week apart) my bowels have gotten better since im eating alot better but my bowels look really weird really soft, and with red and even something looking like corn kindve, when i havent eaten corn is this from the medication?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and sorry you are having all these issues. We are not doctors on here but I am a microbiologist and can try to give you some advice. So, regarding the rash on the genitals, you may have a fungus and not a yeast. Either way you may want to try a anti-fungal spray or cream that has terbinafine (Lamisil) instead of one that ends in azole like fluconazole etc. These types of drugs that end in azole yeasts are becoming resistant to. Also, often the groin and genitals get joch itch caused by a fungus called Tinea or another name  is a dermatophyte. This cream should work on those too. You could see if the doctor can culture the area to determine what it really is. But in the mean time you can try the Terbinafine and see if that works. It takes about a week or two (several times a day). Follow the package directions.
As for anxiety in general, you may want to take a couple of courses in biofeedback instead of drugs. I took them from integrative medicine. They have great specialists in this. It takes some time to learn the breathing exercises but it helps your body change out of the fight or flight response and feel a lot better.

I don't think it is a systemic or blood infection. You generally would have a high fever and be very sick. If you had a blood culture they don't generally look for fungus unless you ask for that. They won't usually do it unless you have a high fever.
Your heart racing could be from the medications you were/are on or if you are off of the pills such as the Xanax, stress could cause some of this, caffiene and too much sugar. But then you could get a 24 hour monitor to check for an arrhythmia, or also get a echocardiogram to look for structural problems and an EKG just to get an overview of the heart.

I think your anxiety is keeping you up at night or if you are also having too much sugar or caffiene then this could contribute too. Try to do some relaxation techniques as I mentioned (biofeedback) also, relaxation meditation. This doesn't have to be regular mediation but they have CD's you can download and listen to that help you relax.

As for your bowels if it isn't blood I wouldn't worry about it if it is possibly blood get tested for at least an occult blood test. If you think it is blood then get a colonscopy. Bowel movements change a lot depending on what you eat, how much water, and yest medications can change things too.

take care,
mkh9

thanks for replying im really at lost with things and how my doctor has treated me.

I have been given three prescibtion creams of different types none have worked. ALso i work out and i have not taken anti anxiety meds for almost three months and i havent been able to sleep for a year and a half i wasnt on those meds before then. Also anything i eat makes me feel bad not as much lately but im really really eating differently. I have been tested for allergires, chron disease, ulcers and other stuff and nothing has been found. I feel like im going to get a fever and never do and i take advil when i feel that. I also had a blood test two done and my whote blood cell coun t was high. I havent had anything with caffeine for over a year i mean nothing, no soda no coffee not even excedrin. I did the spit test where you take water in the morning and then u spit into it and wait to see if it runs and has legs like wine or sits at the bottom, many blogs and forums state to do this, and it did also my stool has white flakes in it like garlic or piece of skin when you start to peel left behind after i flush, and sometimes peieces that look like corn, no i havent had corn.

systemtic candida causes: pain or tightness in chest, depression, mood swing, anxiety, pressure in head, dizziness, fatigue, lack of sleep, craving for sweet(which i have been fighting and dont eat), stomach pains, abdonminal pain, etc i have all of these, i dont know who to go see i lost my job just started a new one so i dont have coverage and im broke but still should i go to a hospotail since they can bill me and i can pay little by little. or a infectious disease speiclist.
COMMUNITY LEADER
How high was your white count and what was the normal range for the test? If you think you have an infection you should see an infectious disease doctor.
my white blood count was at 13.22 and the range is at 3.4-11.00
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes that looks a little high but not too bad. You may have a bacterial infection or fungal. But I don't think it is systemic. Have you taken your temperature when you feel feverish? Since you don't have insurance why don't you try the Lamisil (terbinifine cream) and see if that works. It is different than the other creams. So, I hope this works.
mkh9
thanks i will try, but i think that the fevers or feelng sick arent too bad but the tomach aches and the craving for sugar and now the headaches could possibly be candida, i need to still get it checked?