infected tooth

My throat has been hurting along with the same side of my tongue that the infected tooth is on. Would the infected tooth be causing my throat and tongue to be sore?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there,
Though I can confirm the cause only after an evaluation but it is possible that infected tooth can lead to sore throat. Whenever there is a cavity or tooth decay the food gets lodged in the tooth. The bacteria feed on the rotted foodstuff and eventually enter the Eustachian tube through the infected tooth. The Eustachian tube connects the throat, teeth; ears, eyes and head, infection that enters via the tooth can migrate or settle at one or more of these points causing pain. Take some analgesics for pain relief. Get your tooth treatment done. That will help.
Take care and kind regards!
Helpful - 0
Hi there,
Take care and kind regards!
Helpful - 0
I have a broken tooth that has been broken for a while now. After getting over bronchitis I have an irritated throat that actually caused me to lose my voice for a while and it is still very hoarse. But food does get stuck in this tooth and I have to get it out.  At first I though this was due to post nasal drip but I have so little mucus in my sinuses it really does not make sense. Even with expectorants I get very little mucus.
Could this tooth be the cause of this. The gums are not sore or swelled up but the tooth does bother me a little sometimes but I think it may be dead.
If this is the cause will azithromycin take of it till I can get the tooth out next week. ***@****
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Infectious Diseases Community