Infectious Diseases Community

scratched rash red lines

I scratched my rash under my arm (frozen shoulder so I can't see too well under the arm) and there are two straight red lines that run perpendicular to the rash. Are these scratch lines or red streaks? How do you know the difference in appearance? The rash itches and does not hurt. The bumps are red and  tiny and NOT crusty or blister like. I have no pain and no fever. I have had the rash for a while and it has always been itchy. I have no swollen glands either in the arm or neck.

Thank you,
mkh9
HI,
How are you? The rash could be due to a variety of issues such as irritation, allergic reaction, infection or skin issues like dermatitis. The red lines can be due to the scratching and it is important that you avoid doing so to prevent secondary infection. If these persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important to differentiate the two. Take care and do keep us posted.