what causes this

any idea what would cause esinophilic folliculitis?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
could mold be a cause ?also there has been a question about pharyngeal gono this whole time .my previous drs i couldnty get a straight answer and when she swabbed my throat she barely got the swab in there and i coughed and she pulled away and didnt really gey a good swab culture .what type of test would tell me if i had disseminated gono .been suffering from prostitis for 10 yrs also blood in urine and ejaculate for 10 yrs also insomnia and bruxism .thought this was due to ebv.with a hint of liver issue for that long as well i dont know why my dr never tried to figure some of these things out just kinda left it in the balance.i read where ebv can cause neutrophils to be low.i dont know what to think any more .i am in so much pain right now sore neck and numbing effect to my head sinusitis i believe.someday when this is all behind me i will bring you good tidings instead of my complaints .merry x-mas mkh9
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
HI, I just got back from and will have to get to your post maybe later or tomorrow. I was out visiting for Christmas.
mkh9
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
I doubt that fungi would cause the folliculitis. It is not usually a cause of this type of infection. Regarding disseminated GC usually you would have to get a joint aspiration if you had a problem with a joint or a blood culture if you had a very high fever. Etc. It can cause reactive arthritis. But if you are having a sore throat then that would be the culture to get. Blood in the urine may be a kidney infection or urinary tract infection. It can also be due to other things like cystitis, and kidney stone or polyp in the bladder. You would feel the kidney stone but maybe it is a precursor to it coming through. So there are lots of reasons for blood in the urine. Do you actually see the blood in the urine or did the urinalysis show a few red blood cells. If a few red blood cells that isn't anything to worry about. If a large amount seen on the urinalysis, then it could be a problem. Again, perhaps the neck scan and ultrasound or some other scan of the kidneys, bladder and that area to see what is going on might be a good idea.
mkh9
Helpful - 0
well my results are here and i am baffled
hiv viral load is undetectable no genotyping was done due to that fact.
hep c viral load was undetectable
blood culture sterile at 2 and 5 days .what would this detect not sure of its significance.

babesia negative

ana  phagocytophilium negative

htlv 1/2 nonreactive

syphilis mia and tppa negative

cd4+tcells   43%

cd4+t cells absolute  726                   535-1451    

erythrocyte sediment rate (esr)    1   mm/hr       <15

creatine kinase   206  h    u/l         24-204

rheumatoid factor      11     iu/l                     <14

c reactive protein     0.08     mg/dl      0.00-0.49

ana screen negative

if it were staph folliculitis could it infect my nose and sinuses causing sinusitis  ? would the blood culture pick it up if it had gotten into it?and if it was causing inflammatory response would it cause my ebv to act up ?the titer was high i have read that  ebv can cause nueropathy .just wouldnt think the rash  alone would have raised c/kthat much but i guess it could have when i was at the height of my pain.

another theory could be my immune system is taking care of this and im a controller (far fetched )
Helpful - 0
hep c viral load was undetectable

babesia negative

ana  phagocytophilium negative

htlv 1/2 nonreactive

syphilis mia and tppa negative

cd4+tcells   43%

ana screen negative

Helpful - 0
do one more antibody test to rule far fetched theory out at one yr .see if i can find out when they biopsied if they know what kind of folliculitis staph or esinophil.keep checking for syphillis .maybe check for hsv1/2 again to see if it was the cause of nerve damage.molecular testing for chlamydia  and gono.
would cmv with ebv raise heck like this?or some type of uti combined with ebv and a staph rash.sorry dont meen to bombard you with questions .

thank you and happy new year.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Infectious Diseases Community