Inspiring stories Community
36 Members

The Shoe Box

The Shoe Box
A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box at the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.
For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.
In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000.
He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married,"  she said, "my grandmother told me that the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that If I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."
The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.
"Honey" he said, "that explains the dolls, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?"

"Oh" she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."
haha I just found this forum. Thanks for the smile :)
You welcome dear chic
Toleration is something everybody needs
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.