Integrative Fertility Forum

Pregnancy in Palpitations

I am a 22 year old female who has a history of heart palpitations and am currently taking 25mg of metoprolol a day.  I would like to get pregnant but after talking to my cardiologist who told me that my palpitations would be 3 times worse.....Now I am scared to death.  Any recommendations?
I suggest that you discuss with your cardiologist if pregnancy if absolutely contraindicated for you. If indeed your palpiations may be 3 times worse, did they say that this would affect the pregnancy. You may request to have a preconception consultation with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist who specializes in taking care of pregnany women with medical problems,
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.