Internal Medicine Forum

hemorrhoid or abcess ?

For the last one week I have been feeling a slight pricking session in my anus when I have been sitting. Today i conducted a self physical exam and on my right side i felt a boil. I am not sure if it is a hemorrhoid or a abscess.

I also had a week a boil on my shoulder and just finished 5 days of amoxil (amoxicillin) is a penicillin antibiotic) dosages was 2 tables of 500 mg each per day

there is no bleeding in my stool
Hello. Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, there is not a substitute for seeking care with a physician with a physical exam. I would be concerned about your propensity for soft tissue infections such as MRSA if you have an abscess in a different part of your body.

Very Respectfully,
Dr. S
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.