Frequent urination due to over masturbation?

I am a 24yrs old male and  have been masturbating on avg 4 times since last 7-8 years .I started having frequent urination problem since last November.I would urinate anywhere from 10-15 times a day and this would get worse when i would try to sleep . I would urinate with decent amount of urine a  decent flow and before sleeping but i would still feel the need to urinate and would do 5-6 trips to the restroom. After falling asleep , i would get up 2-3 times to pee. I also felt everytime after masturbation , frequency will get even worse with some burning .
I reduced the frequency to avg once a day. I consulted my family practitioner in December  and i was prescribed ciprofloxacin twice a day for 10 days.She also did various STD tests , diabetes and urine test all of which came out -ve along with kidney ultrasound being normal as well .After 10 days , i felt significant improvement but not 100% . As such , i was prescribed levofloxacin for 5 days but levofloxacin seemed to aggravate the problem and i discontinued it after taking it for 2 days. I seemed to do ok for the next 2 months and kept the masturbation frequency to 4-5 times a week .However , the problem did start to creep in again as i think my prostate got irritated again even with reduced masturbation frequency.I consulted  a urologist and he did the digital rectal test and said my prostate seemed ok in size. i was prescribed cirpo again twice a day this time for 3 weeks . My problem again subsided by about 80-85% . However , if i masturbated  2-3 times in a day or masturbated once a day on consecutive days , i would again feel increased frequency and some burning. I told the uro about this correlation of my problems with masturbation but he said there should be no correlation and suggested i go for cystoscopy. I agreed to his suggestion and had cysto done after a few days.  Cystoscopy reveled everything normal other than a moderate stricture far back into the bulb for which the doctor performed dilation. I was prescribed levofloxacin for six days after cycsto. During those six days i suffered with even greater frequency and urgency and urine flow being normal every time i would pee. After stopping levofloacin, i felt my symptoms getting better but again my problem still did not subside 100% . I  kept my frequency of masturbation
3-4 times week and within 3 weeks of cysto , i again started to have frequent urination problem however this time with urine flow usually being normal every time i would pee . I was in the US till now but returned to my home country after 2 wees of having cysto and as such could not consult the same doctor.

I saw a urologist in home country and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride  and gatifloxacin for 10 days after the doctor looked  at the report from urine culture and sensitivity test . Gatifloxacin did not help and as such doctor prescribed levofloxacin for another 10 days .None of the two antibiotics and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride did not show any signs of relief . I saw another uro after that and he prescribed moxifloxacin hydrochloride based on that urine culture test along with  tolterodine tartrate for 7 days. I have been taking em for 3 days now and do not see any relief .

I am really worried as my symptoms have only gotten worse after cystoscopy . Should i be worried that doctor did not perform cystoscopy properly and damaged my uretha or bladder? Or have i damaged my prostate with over masturbation. If yes , is there anyway to restore prostate in healthy condition ?
Also , should i try taking cipro again for 10-15 days as it took care of the symptoms at least by 80% on both occasions before cystocopy.

Please suggest what i should do and what the problem might be.

Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for all the feedback with your situations.  My initial problems started when I was 39.  I have just turned 60.  I feel I have just learned to live with the low grade pain for me.  Sometimes worse than other times.  And can go for months without thinking about it.  I do think my over masturbation could be cause to make my symptoms flair.  As I pretty much just masturbate most of the time once per day but for long periods, 1-2 hours with porn on the internet.  It would be great not to feel the need on a daily basis and cut back to once per week for a shorter period of time.  For me currently I view this as an addiction for it is far too often and hard for me to cut back.  Better something like this rather than alcohol that I have not drank since the age of 36.  But once again thanks for sharing here.  
Helpful - 0
Hello to the new comers.  I been on this thread for a few weeks now.  I'm trying to find someone with a solution, and is very concerning hearing that most guys with the same symptoms as myself have not found cures.  I feel that long sessions of watching porn and masturbating like 2 hours is what caused this.  My urologist doesn't seem to think so, but maybe no one knows what long masturbation sessions does to the body.
I am going on a year now with this issue.
  First thing I went on was something that was suppose to shrink my prostate as the urologist thought it was slightly enlarged, that did nothing
Second went on vesicare, did nothing
Third did a round of anti biotics cause he thought I had a prostate infection, just got done with 6 weeks, did nothing.
  I go back to him on Friday.
I am trying to completely cut out masturbation and sex. I went about 2 months with very little improvement.  I did have sex last night, feels like it might be a little worse tonight.
I started wearing pads cause I'm so afraid I'm just going to **** myself.  It helps when I have to be away from a toilet for a while.
I think I'm going to try and obstain again for a while and see how that goes.
Most miserable thing I have ever went through in my life.  37 year old male, by the way
Helpful - 0
have any of you gentlemen asked your urologist to give you a referral to a pelvic floor physical therapist?
This sounds to me like PFD...and it might help! Worth a try! Good luck...I know I am the only female in this thread and my issues are not from masturbation...but all sorts of things can make the pelvic floor muscles to go into spasms and then the nerves get locked into a pattern that continue to send messages to the muscles to contract or spasm and it causes pain, urgency, leaking, inability to go, going too often only small amounts, burning...the list goes on and on...also you might ask your urologist about a valium suppository...may not work but it may...also take it for a week then take a break so you don't build a tolerance to the valium...I use it only when my pain is unbearable...it can get better, but I honestly from my experience think it will ebb and flow depending on what is happening in your life, diet, fluid intake, exercise and so on...it's tough but take it a day at a time or sometimes an hour at a time even 15 min at a time on the really bad days! If I figure mine out...I will certainly share the secret! ;) I am getting botox in my pelvic floor muscles Friday and can just hardly wait...so hopeful this will be the "trick" in my bag of tricks that helps get my life back on track! Keep seeking and if your urologist is brushing you off...please get a second...third...fourth opinion...I have seen hundreds of dr.s through the years for my pelvic floor issues and some help some are a waste of time and money but it has to be done...
Have any of you tried the bladder instills? bladder distention? I am not saying this is what to do but these are some of the options...I did the bladder instills many years ago and the bladder distention a few years ago...diet played a key part for me until I had the last prolapse surgery...can't seem to get back on track now and to a good place no matter what I try...this one is tough and I have been at it for a VERY long time...unfortunately and thankfully...we do learn to adapt, adjust and live with pain...so just know you will get better!
Helpful - 0
First, I didn't realize you were a woman, but that's neither here nor there.  I looked into a second opinion out of the advice of my regular doctor.  This urologist is part of a medical team at Robert Wood Johnson, a hospital in NJ, which apparently has a specialized department based on pelvic floor muscle tension.  So I'm going to ask him if he thinks it could be pelvic floor related.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I really hope that I'm finally heading down the right path here.  I am going to to see him tomorrow.  I will post how it goes.
Helpful - 0
lol...funny that you didn't realize I was a woman...but hey we all have pelvic floors right? ;)
Hope your appointment went well and you got some answers! I was supposed to go have botox put in my pelvic floor muscles but have a pretty strong feeling after starving all day they will be cancelling me since it's already 5p and I don't have a time...
we just have to keep moving forward! No matter what! It's not right for us to have to live in pain! xx
Helpful - 0
I actually should have known you were female by how kind you are, guys usually aren't that thoughtfully.  So I went to that new urologists, he reviewed my records and has order a urodynamic study, and a sonogram on my kidneys.  I mentioned both the pevlic floor tension and the possibility of long sessions of masturbation causing this.  He said that it probably didn't.  I still think it has something to do with it.  So after these tests we will see what he has to say.  I'm hoping after I jump through all these hoops either we find out what's wrong, or he refers me to a pelvic floor therapist.  Still having good and bad days, that's been my life for the past 2 years.  I gotta keep telling myself that its something I can deal with, otherwise thinking about it only makes it worse and my mood worse.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Interstitial Cystitis Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.