Frequent urination due to over masturbation?

I am a 24yrs old male and  have been masturbating on avg 4 times since last 7-8 years .I started having frequent urination problem since last November.I would urinate anywhere from 10-15 times a day and this would get worse when i would try to sleep . I would urinate with decent amount of urine a  decent flow and before sleeping but i would still feel the need to urinate and would do 5-6 trips to the restroom. After falling asleep , i would get up 2-3 times to pee. I also felt everytime after masturbation , frequency will get even worse with some burning .
I reduced the frequency to avg once a day. I consulted my family practitioner in December  and i was prescribed ciprofloxacin twice a day for 10 days.She also did various STD tests , diabetes and urine test all of which came out -ve along with kidney ultrasound being normal as well .After 10 days , i felt significant improvement but not 100% . As such , i was prescribed levofloxacin for 5 days but levofloxacin seemed to aggravate the problem and i discontinued it after taking it for 2 days. I seemed to do ok for the next 2 months and kept the masturbation frequency to 4-5 times a week .However , the problem did start to creep in again as i think my prostate got irritated again even with reduced masturbation frequency.I consulted  a urologist and he did the digital rectal test and said my prostate seemed ok in size. i was prescribed cirpo again twice a day this time for 3 weeks . My problem again subsided by about 80-85% . However , if i masturbated  2-3 times in a day or masturbated once a day on consecutive days , i would again feel increased frequency and some burning. I told the uro about this correlation of my problems with masturbation but he said there should be no correlation and suggested i go for cystoscopy. I agreed to his suggestion and had cysto done after a few days.  Cystoscopy reveled everything normal other than a moderate stricture far back into the bulb for which the doctor performed dilation. I was prescribed levofloxacin for six days after cycsto. During those six days i suffered with even greater frequency and urgency and urine flow being normal every time i would pee. After stopping levofloacin, i felt my symptoms getting better but again my problem still did not subside 100% . I  kept my frequency of masturbation
3-4 times week and within 3 weeks of cysto , i again started to have frequent urination problem however this time with urine flow usually being normal every time i would pee . I was in the US till now but returned to my home country after 2 wees of having cysto and as such could not consult the same doctor.

I saw a urologist in home country and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride  and gatifloxacin for 10 days after the doctor looked  at the report from urine culture and sensitivity test . Gatifloxacin did not help and as such doctor prescribed levofloxacin for another 10 days .None of the two antibiotics and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride did not show any signs of relief . I saw another uro after that and he prescribed moxifloxacin hydrochloride based on that urine culture test along with  tolterodine tartrate for 7 days. I have been taking em for 3 days now and do not see any relief .

I am really worried as my symptoms have only gotten worse after cystoscopy . Should i be worried that doctor did not perform cystoscopy properly and damaged my uretha or bladder? Or have i damaged my prostate with over masturbation. If yes , is there anyway to restore prostate in healthy condition ?
Also , should i try taking cipro again for 10-15 days as it took care of the symptoms at least by 80% on both occasions before cystocopy.

Please suggest what i should do and what the problem might be.

Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey i have a problem when i go for urine i do frequent urine and and my urine flow is weak and some times i cant feel urine but when i masturbate then this problem is start after 2 or 3 weeks then it is ok but not 100% so i go to doctor and he take a urine test and he do a ultrasound and my ultrasound and urine tests are clear so doctor what you suggest me what i do which tests i say doctor to take me????????????? :(
Helpful - 0
hi i am 14 and i dont mastubate that often maybe 5 times a week i hav been doing so for the past year, and i had the symptoms of frequent urination, weak stream, difficulty to star but no pain for the past 6 months. But recently i had a wet dream in which i didnt ejaculate and woke up right as i was about to and then i went to the bath room as i had felt a urgency to go. It hurt just a little at the time, in the morning same thing but i hurt painful erection. I had a erection for a few hours at night. This was 2 or 3 days ago now, it hurts to urinate and its difficutl starting and its frequent. I went to the doc he said it might be uti so he gave me meds and told me he was going to send my urine sample to check for uti. I go back tom and doc says he will do other tests later. I am too young for prostatitis, this condition genreally happens to older man in the 30s and 40s i think and i dont masturbate too often. However when i did i neever washed my hands if i came back home form  school i would masturbate and wash hands after. So this makes me think it might be a bacteria related problem.
Helpful - 0
i forgot to mention that when the problem started i didnt consult a doctor
Helpful - 0
i only consult the docter yesteday when the pain started happening. Im quite stressed Good luck to you guys hope u recover
at the starting did you feel any kind of pain???
COMMUNITY LEADER
UTI is not the same thing as Interstitial Cystitis.  

Always be sure to wash your hands before and after masturbating, as you can easily spread bacteria into the urinary system.
Helpful - 0
So, just an update.  I did PTNS for 12 weeks no significant change.  I go back to the urologist on Friday to see what's next.  I was wondering in the brain reset has worked for anyone, meaning not orgasming for long periods of time.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there... the PTNS doesn't work for everyone.  I did it back in Nov/Dec, also.  It worked for me, but my doctor didn't let me have the monthly "tune ups", so I'm going to need to do a couple of sessions again.

In reading over the thread, I was wondering if you've actually been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, yet...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Interstitial Cystitis Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.