Frequent urination due to over masturbation?

I am a 24yrs old male and  have been masturbating on avg 4 times since last 7-8 years .I started having frequent urination problem since last November.I would urinate anywhere from 10-15 times a day and this would get worse when i would try to sleep . I would urinate with decent amount of urine a  decent flow and before sleeping but i would still feel the need to urinate and would do 5-6 trips to the restroom. After falling asleep , i would get up 2-3 times to pee. I also felt everytime after masturbation , frequency will get even worse with some burning .
I reduced the frequency to avg once a day. I consulted my family practitioner in December  and i was prescribed ciprofloxacin twice a day for 10 days.She also did various STD tests , diabetes and urine test all of which came out -ve along with kidney ultrasound being normal as well .After 10 days , i felt significant improvement but not 100% . As such , i was prescribed levofloxacin for 5 days but levofloxacin seemed to aggravate the problem and i discontinued it after taking it for 2 days. I seemed to do ok for the next 2 months and kept the masturbation frequency to 4-5 times a week .However , the problem did start to creep in again as i think my prostate got irritated again even with reduced masturbation frequency.I consulted  a urologist and he did the digital rectal test and said my prostate seemed ok in size. i was prescribed cirpo again twice a day this time for 3 weeks . My problem again subsided by about 80-85% . However , if i masturbated  2-3 times in a day or masturbated once a day on consecutive days , i would again feel increased frequency and some burning. I told the uro about this correlation of my problems with masturbation but he said there should be no correlation and suggested i go for cystoscopy. I agreed to his suggestion and had cysto done after a few days.  Cystoscopy reveled everything normal other than a moderate stricture far back into the bulb for which the doctor performed dilation. I was prescribed levofloxacin for six days after cycsto. During those six days i suffered with even greater frequency and urgency and urine flow being normal every time i would pee. After stopping levofloacin, i felt my symptoms getting better but again my problem still did not subside 100% . I  kept my frequency of masturbation
3-4 times week and within 3 weeks of cysto , i again started to have frequent urination problem however this time with urine flow usually being normal every time i would pee . I was in the US till now but returned to my home country after 2 wees of having cysto and as such could not consult the same doctor.

I saw a urologist in home country and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride  and gatifloxacin for 10 days after the doctor looked  at the report from urine culture and sensitivity test . Gatifloxacin did not help and as such doctor prescribed levofloxacin for another 10 days .None of the two antibiotics and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride did not show any signs of relief . I saw another uro after that and he prescribed moxifloxacin hydrochloride based on that urine culture test along with  tolterodine tartrate for 7 days. I have been taking em for 3 days now and do not see any relief .

I am really worried as my symptoms have only gotten worse after cystoscopy . Should i be worried that doctor did not perform cystoscopy properly and damaged my uretha or bladder? Or have i damaged my prostate with over masturbation. If yes , is there anyway to restore prostate in healthy condition ?
Also , should i try taking cipro again for 10-15 days as it took care of the symptoms at least by 80% on both occasions before cystocopy.

Please suggest what i should do and what the problem might be.

Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am damn sure that you and I have the exact same problem. I've been treated the same way you've been and I made the same mistake you did (Long session of over masturbation and porn lasting for 2 hours or more). Masturbation is perfectly healthy. Looking at porn and making orgasm last for hours is not. Anyways so yes, firstly I has an ultrasound of kidney and X ray to ensure kidney is normal which they were. Next uro suspected it to be OAB and put me on Vesicare, no respite, then he assumed it to be a UTI and I had to go through many antibiotics for the same viz - Cipro, Levo, Prulofloxacin, Nitrofurantoin, one after because each medicine has superiority over other depending upon the bacteria. So that did nothing. Then he performed urethral calibration on me and my calibration was normal. Urethral calibration is performed to ensure if there is urethral stricture( narrowing of urethra) and then I was prescribed Tamsulosin for prostate enlargement which gave me no relief. Idk what problem we have but I'm sure that we both have the same problem. It is irritating and brings a feeling of apprehension whenever you're out. Lastly the only reason I think we don't have non bacterial chronic prostatitis is because it is usually accompanied with pain, and we both don't have any pain just the urgency and frequency. May be Interstitial Cystitis could be the underlying cause but nope it is not linked in any way to over masturbation so it's unlikely that we have it. I suggest you read about Ic though. I'm really concerned about us. Do update me on what your Uro said brother.
I skipped DRE that both of us had. Lastly I'd say abstaining from PMO might help or might not. I think we should completely abstain for about a year to see the changes. Although the max I went was 2 weeks.
Helpful - 0
Hey atul,
Yes, it sounds like we are in the same boat.  My uro has now suggested that I do physical therapy.  Which I think is trying to get the pelvic floor muscles to relax.  He said the next step would be botox injections.

I haven't masturbated or had sex for a month now, But no real change.  What's DRE?
Helpful - 0
Prosticitis(?)
Hi Barb,
I think I have been diagnosed with just overactive bladder.
Helpful - 0
It's Digital Rectal exam. I hope the therapy works for you. All the best brother.
how are u know...are u cured....I had the same problem and am 100 % cure...Just follow the following tips:

Today I am letting you all know all the properties by which you might get totally cured i.e (100 %).

Step - 1.
Limit the intake of fluids .It should be within 800 ml to 1 litres in total (inclusive of all water,tea coffee etc.) If u have more than that u would never get cured. .Even u are thirsty then also do not drink. Dont masturbate or engage in sexual activity for atleast 2 months.Avoid all sexual thoughts for atleast 2 weeks.After 2 weeks the constant urge to urinate would almost go away.In 2 months u will be completely normal.

Step-2
Practice some breathing exercises such as Anulom Vilom, Bhastrika and Brahmri pranayama ..........you can get all this training from online....But if you are doing it ,try doing it properly.If u are facing any difficulty seek the help of a Yoga trainer.Remember to do Pranayam on empty stomach or atleast 4-5 hours after meals .You can also do morning walk in the fresh air.

Step - 3
Do not pick up any heavy objects for atleast 2 months as it can create pressure in your bladder

Step - 4
Once u are cured after 2 months prefer to go to a AYURVEDIC doctor.He may prescribe u SHILAJIT TABLETS and KOHINOOR GOLD for atleast 2 months and also u must take a lot of water intake with them which is not possible at your present stage. Start them once u are cured.I promise !!!!u would regain your original self.Your sexual stamina would increase and u would readily forget that this disease had really occured in your life.

DONT EVER GO TO THOSE F.........G!!!!!! UROLOGIST WHO KNOWS NOTHING OF THIS PATHOLOGY.They would constantly prescribe u antibiotics which would ruin your health and make u feel like hell....DONT GO TO THESE BASTARDS!!!!!

You are free to have a completely normal diet.You can even take tea and coffee but with lesser quantity ..maybe once a day..................
Try to include 100gms probiotic curd everyday in your meal.Remeber it should be probiotic because as u are taking less water therefore probiotic things prevents u from any such UTI infections.

Thank U....HOPE U GET WELL SOON

THE OTHERS WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM SIMILAR SYMPTOMS CAN FOLLOW MY THREAD AND COMPLETELY GET CURED.

WISHING U ALL BEST OF LUCK.

IF ANYBODY GETS CURED THROUGH MY THREAD DO REMEMBER TO WRITE TO ME AT  akashsinha.***@****, and give your positive remarks.THANKS...................
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seanmac1... Has anyone talked to you about trying to retrain your bladder?   I had to do that, and it does help, some.
Helpful - 0
Doctors say you don't have to retrain your pee, you should always pee when you feel to
I kinda have been doing that on my own.  I can go 4 to 5 hours, at night its tough to sleep though.  Obviously some days are worse than others.
Helpful - 0
Have you noticed if any foods seem to make frequency/urgency any greater?  Some foods can be triggers for some of us - things like coffee, spicy foods, citrus, certain breads, some vegetables, etc. You might try eliminating coffee, citrus and spicy things, such as mustard, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and others, to see if that helps.  Some white breads also are also triggers for me.  There's a list of IC friendly foods; I'll try to post it, but the site might be a competing one, so I may have to send it to you via private message if you're interested.
This is happening with so many people.. Happens mostly on the day when I masturbate. Or thinking of masturbating and drops it in the fear of that pain. Have anyone found any relief yet? I don't know I have my MRI done.. Thought it might be related to coral cauda which is causing this urine problems. I don't know .. I never had sex in my life.. My friends do a lot of stuff, its just me who is going through all this ****. Life is unfair sometimes!!!
how are you now....are u completely cured..............i also had the same problem but am 100% cured......if you want i can share my details with u.....
Akash2016, please share your details, thanks
Hey u. Decreases frequency of masturbations n. Stop. Watching porn it wiill improved in you....
Helpful - 0
My symptoms were sudden

You are reading content posted in the Interstitial Cystitis Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.