Interstitial Cystitis Community
438 Members

Interstitial Cystitis and Ketosis

Hello, I seem to have bad flare ups when I go for long periods without eating. I think it is from the ketones increasing acidity in my urine. I am not on any medications for the disease, but manage it through diet. Everything is fine until I go without eating (which it typical- student, working, family)

I was wondering if I could take an over the counter items that reduces the acidity. I know Prelief is on the market, but will that help ketone acids? At this moment, I take 1/2 tsp of baking soda in water about twice a day for the urgency.
If you know why this is happening to you and have the time to hunt down a way to disguise the symptoms, then you have the time to eat.  Stop messing with your body, you only get one,
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.