Aa
A
A
A
Close
Interstitial Cystitis Community
438 Members

Interstitial Cystitis and Ketosis

Hello, I seem to have bad flare ups when I go for long periods without eating. I think it is from the ketones increasing acidity in my urine. I am not on any medications for the disease, but manage it through diet. Everything is fine until I go without eating (which it typical- student, working, family)

I was wondering if I could take an over the counter items that reduces the acidity. I know Prelief is on the market, but will that help ketone acids? At this moment, I take 1/2 tsp of baking soda in water about twice a day for the urgency.
1 Responses
If you know why this is happening to you and have the time to hunt down a way to disguise the symptoms, then you have the time to eat.  Stop messing with your body, you only get one,
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.