Interstitial Cystitis Community
442 Members

Interstitial Cystitis

I had a cystetomy and I don't have a bladder now. I have had almost 22 years and still have phantom pain. What helps with that?
Hi there!

I would suggest consulting your treating doctor, if you could be given pain killers that would help reduce the pain. The sensation is likely to reduce itself over time.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Sorry so late, just found this site.  Obviously you did not get your answer.  What was your bladder removed for?  Did they also remove your urethra, that could be the problem.  Sometimes left over tissue, if it was IC, will cause the pain.  I am not a doctor, but have become somewhat of an "expert"on IC if that was your problem.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.