Since the re-test was negative, it is assumed that the infection is under control while the antibiotic would need to be completed for the entire course as prescribed by your treating doctor. The symptoms of the infection may continue for sometime after it has cleared due to associated inflammation. You could talk to your doctor if anti-inflammatory medication would be suitable in the situation for a symptomatic relief.
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for your response. My doctor said that a DNA test is accurate even when you are still on antibiotics but the CDC website recommends waiting three weeks until after the course in order to avoid false negatives. My doctor has give me a three month supply and has told me to continue until symptoms abate but they are making me so sick, I was thinking of stopping for three weeks and retesting again. Have you seen any cases where there has been no improvement from antibiotics after three weeks but symptoms abate later? I'm praying that my problems are due to Ureaplasma and not IC. Thanks again.
It sure sounds, unfortunately, like classic IC symptoms. Why dont you post on the IC-network and see what others think? These bladder things get so complicated. You don't have to have all the symptoms of IC, some people don't have the urgency/frequency, but the pain on filling bladder, or the other way around or both. Have they suggested a hydro/cysto for you to take a look-see? Just suspicious with the vulvular and pelvic pain. Might be worth a discussion with your uro. Good luck to you, hope you get to the bottom of it.