Interstitial Cystitis Community
442 Members

anti depressants and memory loss

I have been on anti depressants for 8 years. I am 35 years old and have noticed memory issues. I forget things recent and have trouble remembering past events. I can read and enjoy a book but couldn't tell you the main characters name or sometimes not even a good description of what it was about. I have been trying to memorize bible scripture and draw a blank. i often come off as ditzy or uncaring because stuff doesn't sink in. is this from the anti depressant? Is there a way to get back some clarity ? Vitamins mind exercise anything? scant remember how to spell correctly a lot of times. I am frustrated and have no health insurance
I sooo accidentally posted in wrong place..sorry,lol
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to say. Similar symptoms could be related to depression itself or could result from other few causes such as medication side effect, neurological causes, vascular issues, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.