Interventional Cardiology Forum

High Blood Pressure

My blood pressure is 164 / 111.  The doctor I saw prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide 25 MG.  Is this ok to start with?
My eyes are bloodshoot and my calves and ankles swell and my knees hurt.  
Likely you will need two or three drugs to control your blood pressure but hydrochlorothiazide is a good drug to start with.  You may need an ACE-inhibitor or a calcium channel blocker added to your program.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.