Interventional Cardiology Forum

Lexapro withdrawal and Cardiomyopathy

I am 44 year old female and have Cardiomyopathy and HBP I take a beta blocker twice a day as well as cholesterol meds and low dose aspirin. I was on Lexapro 10mg for 1 1/2 years when I was diagnosed with the heart condition my Lexapro was increased to 20mg because I was still having panic attacks. I have had to stop taking the Lexapro without weaning off it because of it's high price tag. I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms that can only be described as a weird sort of panic attack along with lightning bolts going off in my head,numbness and heat/cold in my arms and legs and my mind is racing. So far my B/P has remained low which is normal with these meds pulse is around 90 to 100 not great but around normal for me. What I am worried about is whether or not these withdrawal symptoms will put too much stress on my heart. I realize weaning off this medication would be the best however,refilling the lexapro is not an option I have at this time. Should I be concerned about the effect this will have on my heart?
You should talk with your doctor as there may be a less expensive option for you other than the Lexapro.  I think you should try to avoid added stress on your heart if possible and a cheaper medicine is likely available to you or even samples of the Lexapro to tide you over.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.