Interventional Cardiology Forum

Recent tooth abscess

I am a 24 yr old female and recently had a tooth abscess that I took care of with 2 different antibiotics (Clyndmiacin and cephelexin).  I went to the ER and got the abscess lanced to relieve some of the pressure.  I went to my dentist and received a partial root canal.  I am feeling no pain in my mouth and the swelling is all gone.  Now I'm not sure if the infection is in my heart.  I don't know what the symptoms are, but I am feeling soreness in my left arm, and every now and then I feel pain in my shoulder.  I am a smoker so I don't know if the pain is from smoking or from an infection I may have received from the tooth abscess.  My question is, what are the symptoms of an infection in the heart?  My other question is, is it possible that after taking 2 antibiotics would an infection have a chance of making it to my heart?      
Infection of the heart valves is called endocarditis and the symptoms are extremely variable-- often people have fever and don't have any other reason to have it. I would suggest seeing your physician as soon as possible to have this more fully evaluated.
Even after taking the antibiotics you could still have endocarditis-- it takes many weeks of therapy to clear valve infections and sometimes surgery if the lesions are big enough.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.