Interventional Cardiology Forum

Severe Chest Pain

I have severe chest pain that started a couple of days ago.  On day number one I went to a doctor and he had an EKG done on me.  He came back and said "has anybody told you you may have an enlarged left ventricle?".  But, he seemed to lean more towards a chest wall issue rather than my heart causing my chest pain.  

This is what it says on the sheet he gave me:

NORMAL SINUS RHYTHM
MINIMAL VOLTAGE CRITERIA FOR LVH, MAY BE NORMAL VARIANT
POSSIBLE LATERAL INFARCT. ABNORMAL ECG

He gave me a prescription for 800mg of Ibuprofen for the pain.  I am trying to decide if I should go to the ER to have this looked at better, or to wait awhile to get into a cardiologist (it is going to take awhile for an appointment).  

By what you are describing it seems that the physician felt your pain was musculoskeletal. Since your EKG is not totally normal I would suggest seeing a cardiologist for further evaluation. If you are continuing to have chest pain then you should go to the emergency room and not wait
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.