Interventional Cardiology Forum

heart murmur

I recently had a pre-op physical and the Dr. not my normal Dr. picked up a heart murmur. I have had a history of SVT and on Atenalol.  Will the ECG results indicate if the murmur is anything to worry about and is it safe to go into surgery for pelvic reconstruction
An EKG is not a good test for a heart murmur and I would suggest you have an echocardiogram to evaluate this.
Scheduled for surgery tomorrow, is it safe to go ahead with it with a newly found heart murmur?
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.