Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
2.75k Members
Avatar universal

Long term discomfort in ascending colon area

Hi, I am a 41 year old male with constant discomfort in my right abdomen just under the lowest part of my ribcage. I can pinpoint the pain to what feels like a swollen area on my ascending colon (I can pinch the area between my finger and thumb and it is like a small swollen lump). I have had an ultrasound of the area to rule out hernia. I find that sometimes after eating I have a lot of bubbling and squealing noises coming from that area. My doctor seems reluctant to do a CT Scan and simply tells me that because the U/S is clear, I am fine and it is most likely gas. I've noticed over the last year that my stools are usually quite loose with fairly common diarrhoea. I also drink too much and wonder if this and codeine tablets for pain in my back might be causing stomach upset or some kind of IBD. Please help, I am getting very concerned.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem