A
A
A
Close
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
2.72k Members

POSSIBLE IBS? PLEASE READ

Hello!

PLEASE bear with me, this is a long post because I am trying to give an accurate picture

I am a female, I am 17 turning 18 in a few months and live in a city in Canada.

I have been relatively healthy for most of my life, no identified conditions and only one known hereditary condition (my one grandmother had diabetes-which type I am not sure, but it was severe). My doctor always said I was an incredibly healthy patient.

In the summer of 2010 I started to have very strange feelings (I was staying in Dallas, TX for a month-don't know if this had any impact) . I would wake up every morning at 7 am feeling so nauseous,  would curl up into a ball and clench everything and sometimes it would pass but only to return 10 minutes later. Finally I went to the bathroom to try and relieve myself and I found I would only have to pee. I would go back to bed to sleep for maybe 30 minutes and would wake up again with worst nausea I had ever experienced but no immediate need to puke. I went to the bathroom again and this time I had diarrhea, a lot of diarrhea and would have to return to the bathroom 2-3 times to fully relieve myself. After a while it would burn my rectum and using Vaseline only helped so much. This continued for the entire summer break of 2 months, every morning at 7am, from when I arrived to Dallas to when I returned home and it magically stopped a few days into September.

I do not remember exactly when it returned the following spring or summer but I know that the times that I would try to suppress it in the mornings, the feeling would return within hours. I would curl up into a ball in the morning, because I wanted to sleep in and it would go away until I would be on the train getting to school and I could feel the urge to have diarrhea. This is very hard to suppress and I would be very gassy but have to hold it in on the train afraid of completely embarrassing myself. This was 2011.

The summer of 2011 was a repeat of 2010 but this time it did not stop. It continued into the fall of my grade 11 year up until now. I still have this nausea but am now used to it and although it is very uncomfortable I am able to cope. The easiest way to deal with it is to immediately relieve myself on the toilet-and it is sometimes diarrhea and sometimes solid. Sometimes I will have to relieve myself 7-8 times within a two hour period. It is very embarrassing and luckily I don't sleep many places but my own home but unfortunately it doesn't just come in the mornings anymore.

My diet includes a mix of home cooked meals and eating out. I do not eat a lot of junk food, but I find that this does make symptoms worse. I eat everything but pork and I eat a lot of fruits, veggies and carbs.

I feel like this may fit the symptoms of IBS but I am not certain. Please help!!

0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem