Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community

POSSIBLE IBS? PLEASE READ

Hello!

PLEASE bear with me, this is a long post because I am trying to give an accurate picture

I am a female, I am 17 turning 18 in a few months and live in a city in Canada.

I have been relatively healthy for most of my life, no identified conditions and only one known hereditary condition (my one grandmother had diabetes-which type I am not sure, but it was severe). My doctor always said I was an incredibly healthy patient.

In the summer of 2010 I started to have very strange feelings (I was staying in Dallas, TX for a month-don't know if this had any impact) . I would wake up every morning at 7 am feeling so nauseous,  would curl up into a ball and clench everything and sometimes it would pass but only to return 10 minutes later. Finally I went to the bathroom to try and relieve myself and I found I would only have to pee. I would go back to bed to sleep for maybe 30 minutes and would wake up again with worst nausea I had ever experienced but no immediate need to puke. I went to the bathroom again and this time I had diarrhea, a lot of diarrhea and would have to return to the bathroom 2-3 times to fully relieve myself. After a while it would burn my rectum and using Vaseline only helped so much. This continued for the entire summer break of 2 months, every morning at 7am, from when I arrived to Dallas to when I returned home and it magically stopped a few days into September.

I do not remember exactly when it returned the following spring or summer but I know that the times that I would try to suppress it in the mornings, the feeling would return within hours. I would curl up into a ball in the morning, because I wanted to sleep in and it would go away until I would be on the train getting to school and I could feel the urge to have diarrhea. This is very hard to suppress and I would be very gassy but have to hold it in on the train afraid of completely embarrassing myself. This was 2011.

The summer of 2011 was a repeat of 2010 but this time it did not stop. It continued into the fall of my grade 11 year up until now. I still have this nausea but am now used to it and although it is very uncomfortable I am able to cope. The easiest way to deal with it is to immediately relieve myself on the toilet-and it is sometimes diarrhea and sometimes solid. Sometimes I will have to relieve myself 7-8 times within a two hour period. It is very embarrassing and luckily I don't sleep many places but my own home but unfortunately it doesn't just come in the mornings anymore.

My diet includes a mix of home cooked meals and eating out. I do not eat a lot of junk food, but I find that this does make symptoms worse. I eat everything but pork and I eat a lot of fruits, veggies and carbs.

I feel like this may fit the symptoms of IBS but I am not certain. Please help!!