Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Are my symptoms kidney stones

My doctor said I might have kidney stones because the blood test did not show an infection.
Here are my symptoms: pain in the left side of my back at my waist line. Pain in my bladder, and pain going down the front of my left thigh.
How long should this pain last? It has already been over 1 week.
None of the medical symptoms talk about the pain in the thigh, so I'm wondering if I have something other than a kidney stone

Based on your urinalysis results , were there other significant findings eg red blood cells, white blood cells, protein and casts?

If kidney stones are a differential here, I suggest that you have a kidney ,ureter and bladder scan to rule this out. A serum uric acid levels as well as serum calcium and phosphate levels may also help. A 24 hour urine collection sample to determine quantitative protein levels in the urine may be necessary. Calcium stones are the more common urinary stones in the urinary tract.

I suggest that you take plenty of water and modify your diet. Try to take only moderate amount of dairy products (cheese and milk) as this is high in calcium. Also, vegetables high in oxalate may also be avoided at this point.

You may discuss these with your physician. The presence of urinary tract stones do need further evaluation .In some cases, if the stones are large, they may require surgical intervention.

Is there any significant history of urinary tract stones in the family?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem