Fever persisting after Kidney Infection has been cleared out

I was recently in the hospital for a kidney infection and got 2 doses of antibiotics through an IV and will be taking oral antibiotics for 10 more days. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor in 7 days. Before being discharged from the hospital all tests (urine and blood) came back negative for infection and I had no other symptoms of my infections. My fever had gone down from a steady 103.6 to fluctuatong between 98.6 and 100.0. Its only been about 30 hours since the infection has been gotten rid of but my temperature is continueing to fluctuate between 98.6 and 100.0. Is it normal for it to take time for my fever to go down? The doctors at the hospital checked me up before the release and found nothing wrong with me. My blood pressure is great and I have no symptoms of any illness at all besides a slight throbbing head ache when standing up occasionally. I also have only been able to sleep 6 to 8 hours the past 2 to 3 days due to having really bad hospital anxiety.
Update: I forgot to mention I also have pain on both sodes of my neck along with the headache.
Update: The fever had gone but the headache and neck pain still persist.
@Sammie12312.. any update when did the headache and neck pain subside?
I had a simular experience had  a kidney infection (1st one never had kidney/bladder infection before) given oral antibiotics once completed symptoms went away but ran a low grade (100°) fever that was constant and every night  would get the chills with shaking and teeth chattering that lasted 20-30min. Also had a dull pain in right flank. They ran a ct scan looking for appendicitis and found i had a large staghorn (sturvite) kidney stone. Was ok as long as i was on antibiotics but once completed the fever would come back. Was in and out of hospital givin iv antibiotics for 3 mos. Test always negative for infection.  Kidney ended up at 8% so they removed the whole kidney. 2 wks later got a call from the hospital to come in pathology found tuberculosis in the kidney!.not saying thats whats going on with you but just giving information that was not ordinary.