Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE 79-NB - Stage 1?

I am a 30 year old male with no history kidney disease in family. My only problem is that I dont drink enough water, mainly sodas and juices.

Recently I was looking over test and I seen that my GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE  is 79-NB. I googled it and found out that this falls in STAGE 1 kidney disease. I called doc and she said it's neither good or bad and to drink more water and decrease caffeine.

I want to go to ER or urgent care, since it takes months to see my doc sometimes due to scheduling. Should I be concerned about my kidneys.

Also what is prognosis for somoene who is 30 with stage 1 kidney disease?

Recently
MICROALBUMIN, UR 4.7 RANGE: <= 20 MG/L <20.0 mg/L
MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE 1.8 RANGE: <30.0 ug/mg
A1C 5.5
Normal liver panel, lipid panel, pancrease, cbc, bun, bilburium,
Abominal ultrasound normal
Normal ANA panel
Normal SPEM test

Last year had
CREATININE 1.1 0.7 - 1.3 mg/dl
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE 79-NB
Ok, are you seeing a family dr and have you made an appt with a nephrologist? First, your GFR is not bad, its below normal but you need to find out what is causing the lower GFR. You need to research any medications you take, even over the counter, and prescription and see if any of them could be affecting kidney function. If you take alot of ibuprofen or NSAIDS, that could be part of it. These meds are hard on the kidneys, try to avoid them. Drink alot of water or Gatorade and dont let yourself dehydrate. If you dont have diabetes or hypertension, theres a good chance your stage 1 will stay that way and not get worst. Dont worry too much about this right now, just follow up with a specialist.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem