Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

High creatinine levels after kidney transplant

My father is 55years old he had his kidney transplant 2 years ago , but from last few months he is having a problem with his creatinine levels which increase up to 3.2 mg. which is very high ,he is a diabetes also ,i want you to tell me the treatment and proper diet for him so he can control his creatnne level. thanks for help.

How is your father ? Elevation of the serum creatinine warrants further evaluation by his nephrologist.  Urologic complication, transplant rejection, infection and drug toxicity needs to be ruled out. Several tests such as ultrasound, and blood work-up needs to be done.  A gradual rise of creatinine over a longer period of time is a sign of chronic rejection. This is also  associated with proteinuria. Biopsy may also be indicated.

Take care and keep us posted.
Thanks for the great help ,he is better now.His cretinine level is 2.4 now he is taking medicines.But one question how he can control his creatinine level ,he never drinks or eat outside but still he is getting so  problems what would be the reason behind it.Please answer my question .I will wait for your answer.
hi
please can u tell how your fathers creatinine level came down,My dad is also a renal transplant patient but since last two days his creatinine level had shot up to 3.9.The docs have already started dialysis for this reason but the kidney is functioning normally.
please let me know more about ur dads diet and control he is following,that will be a great help.
hi.. is there a solution to chronic rejection..is it curable? if yes then kindly tell me in detail..i will be so thankful to u..
I am 35 yo and had kidney disease due to Nephopatic Reflux, something I was born with and did not find out until I was 27yo. My creatinine went to 3.5 and my question is.  I had a living donor kidney transplant a month ago, my creatinine levels when I left the hospital was 1.2 and now is increased to 1.6...and this has happened in two weeks.  My MD's had ordered a biopsy to see if my body is rejecting the kidney.  Does this happen a lot? I am really worried and need someone else's help. I am hypertensive nor diabetic and was never on Dialysis and my MD's keep adding Prograf every week...I am now at 8mg BID.  Please if you could please tell me something, I will really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Maria.
From the diet perceptive, the control should be in respect to your main ailment like if you are diabetic or Hypertensive, like that accordingly. But there is no special diet for a kidney recipient in that respect. Only that he/she should be careful in choosing the diet so to avoid any sort of infection or any disease. The medicines for the infection that we take could effect the kidney.
Apart from that, the creatinine level could fluctuate from 1.1 to 1.6/1.7 after transplant which will get settle with regulations with your medicine. Any prolong high level of creatinine above 2 should be informed to the Dr. Plus, also check the eGFR level with your blood sample. A biopsy could be a possibility to check the kidney and possibly doctors will increase your immunosuppressant dose. One should be careful and have frequent checkup for the first 1 year of transplant.
Have you tacrolimus level checked and maintain. Also, make sure that the medicine timing is maintained at the best possible manner as prescribed by your doctor. The idea is to maintain a good immunosuppression at all time with the prescribe dose.
Drink water atleast 3 litres daily and stay away from crowded place.
STAY SAFE FROM INFECTION.
God Bless you and have heart :)
Ronen
I HAD A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT 2 YEARS AGO THE PAST FEW WEEKS MY CREATINE LEVELS HAVE REACHED 600 I HAD AN ULTRA SOUND SCAN AND A CT SCAN THERE BOTH NORMAL AND NOW I NEED A BIOPSY
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS GOIN ON ?  
Hi i am mr baber iqbal 27yrs/M fm kashmir i  was kidney transplant before three month ago doner is my dad he old 52yrs. now my S/C level is 1.2 and B/U 21 to 24 tacloran level is 12.4 hb 14.20 TLC 7500 how is this?plz more sug what is most important for me for the my good helth and good S/C level plz help me i m waiting fr yr help God bless  everyone
Hi Baber,

You tac level seems fine but little on the higher side. But that is something the doctor to decide to cut down on your mg or not depending on your other results like S/C etc. In the initial day, the level is always higher which will come down gradually and later on you will stay with very less drug dose.
S/C level of 1.2 is ok and no need to worry much about it. You should always remember to maintain your water intake regularly and not to stress out especially for the first 1 year. Any fluctuations in the reading for the first few months is quite normal.
Your Hb and TLC count is normal. High TLC count above 11000 could mean infection and that is what you need to take care of. Infection is the most serious threat for a Kidney recipient and hence avoid going into crowded place and keep a good personal hygiene.
Very low TLC could indicate a high immunosuppressed state. This could get you prone to getting infections.
Kidney recipient are put under immune suppressing drugs and hence they are prone to infections.
You should never miss the timing of your drug intake.
Make sure you have ample stock of drugs and do not forget to carry a few dose just in case you get stuck somewhere.
Avoid sugar and control your diet if you are diabetic
Make sure you have your blood pressure check and controlled through prescribed drugs if you are hypertensive
Check you vitamin D level and make sure your bones are in good condition.
Stay fit and be happy

God bless you.
Ronen
i m nw 24yrs old...my transplant was done 9yrs back...but nw my urea and creatinine is very high...doc says tht if it goes more higher thn wil hv 2 see for the second transplant...
i want too reduce my creatinine by medicines as its difficult to search for new donor...
Hi now my tac level is 6.98 S/C 15.6 B/U 21
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem