Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Hydronephrosis

My sons has been through several test for this condition. He went for several ultrasounds, vcug and now the doctor wants him to get a mag3 renal scan. He has mild-moderate in his left kidney. The right kidney cleared up. Has anyone been through this or know a infant that has been through this? I need some advice on this, please!
How is your son? Hydronephrosis or swelling of one kidney due to a backup of urine is a condition that usually occurs with an underlying condition such as acute or chronicunilateral obstructive uropathy, vesicoureteric reflux, or kidney stones. Treatment and prognosis depend on what is causing the kidney swelling. Treatment may include medical or putting a stent. Talk to your doctor about the diagnosis and results to ease any anxiety. Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem