Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Is this kidney stones or something else

Last Friday I fell on my hardwood floor. 2 days later on Sunday night I had a slight pain in my left and right sides. It wasn't severe. I thought the pain was similar to the pain I experience when I don't drink water for a while. I drank water all night Sunday and Monday at work. Monday evening at home I took a hot bath and the pain got worse on my right side and my back. The pain was excruciating. I could not stand up straight or turn or bend.  It felt like something inside my body was twisting and turning. It caused me to scream and cry. The pain and feeling happend when I tried to sit or stand. If I stood still it may pause for 2 seconds then start up again.

I am out of work so I had to go to the public hospital emergency room. They took a urine sample and x ray of my body. The nurse suspected kidney stones because I of the pain and because I told her that I did see blood when I went to the restroom a week ago, but the x ray and urine test came back fine. They prescribed neproxin and told me to put heat on it and drink lots of water. It is wednesday and the pain is still happening. It is not as severe as before but there is a constant throbbing and twisting on my right side and  the mid area  of my back between my hips and the bottom of my shoulder blade.

I don't what it is but I can't imagine having this pain longer than another day. What could it be? What kind of doctor do I need to see? What kind of tests do I need to get?

Please help me someone. ***@****
Thank you for responding to my desperate plea. The pain has lessened some. I could lay down and sleep last night. I have been looking to see if a stone passed but I don't see anything. I am making an appointment for a mri and to see a urologist.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem