Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney Problem?

I have had an undiagnosed problem for a few years, and am wondering if it's my kidneys.  

I have had frequent urination (10+ times a day) and frequent thirst at night, with the urgency to urinate.  I have had past urinary track infections, which resolved on it's own, and I "think" I have chronic, or at least reoccurring infections.

What really concerns me is if I press down on my flanks and back, where the kidneys are, I can feel a very soreness pain.

I have also gained weight significantly over the past few days, to which appears to be water retention.  Also my blood pressure has risen, especially the diastolic figures - to the point I feel my head is very stuffy.

I have had several physical blood tests, urine tests, and they all came in border line high or low...  For example RBC was 4.7, borderline low.  WBC was 10.3, borderline high .  Should I ask for GFR or Hemoglobin tests?

Please advise if you know the symptoms, and what I should do (or can do) in the mean time?  Any comments highly appreciated!

-Alan
I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night.  What could this mean? Anyone?
i am in exactly the same boat as you un diagnosed recurrent kidney infections its very frustrating and worrying i know. i get the sorness in one kidney and extreme pain on the right sided kidney :( i have lots of protein in urine and leukocytes and blood traces do you have any of those in your urine

x
Go to hospital and have a test.
Had physical tests done.  Not specifically for kidney's.  The blood & urine tests came back normal...  Just a little high on cholesterol.

So I will just have to try to keep the chances of infection down and cut down the cholesterol.  One step at a time.
Hi Jodie,
I too am having kidney pain - more so on the RHS than the LHS. There are a number of kidney stones in both - but not in or near the utery tract. But, the 'pain' has been with me for 7 months, and have been discharged by my urologist as he seems to think that I have a 'skelital/muscular' condition snown by the MRI scan. Both my doctor and surgeon
have contradicted their view of 'skelital/muscular' pain - because tha spinal area around the kidneys are the best part of my spine!  I am awaiting an appointment for another urologist's second opinion. I have had ALL the xray's, scans and surgical procedures to no avail - only the pain remains. I need to check out my blood pressure medication - one 5mg and the other Lusartan 100 mg - as the web reveals 'side effects - with severe pain on the RHS kidney' - now there is a thought!!  Shipeshape.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem