Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney Stones vs. Salt Deposits?

I'm currently living abroad, and the doctors here have proven to be a little short of helpful. I went to the doctor about a month ago with pain in the area of my appendix. They ruled out appendicitis and asked me to do an ultrasound of my kidneys. The ultrasound showed 'sand' up to 2.5 mm. One of the stones was 4 mm. The doctor prescribed me a medicine called 'Blemaren' that supposedly dissolves kidney stones.

Today (a month later) I went to another urologist. He took a look at my test results and said that he does not see any sign of inflammation. The ultrasound I did today showed 'sand' 3-4 mm. The doctor said that I have nothing to worry about, that these are just salt deposits that will go away if I drink enough water and take some pills for a month. I've searched the internet and found that kidney stones and salt deposits are the same thing. He said the pain in my abdomen was probably due to one of the deposits passing. He said that the pain that I 'think' is in my right kidney is more than likely my back.

Can somebody please help me? I've tried so many doctors here, and not a single one of them can give me a straight answer that checks with Western medicine. The joys of living abroad...

Thanks in advance,

Ray
The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) will  help dissolve the kidney stones.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.Drink plenty of warm water.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 12  times

Kapalbhati is the one, exercising the kidney, as the stomach contracts, so do this very seriously with concentration.The stones will break and pass through the urine.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem