Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney Stones

I was diagnosed with kidney stones about 7 months ago, and i have done everything my Doctor has told me to do as far as drinking water and i was drinking so much water that it was making me sick, so i cut down on how much i was drinking. I have not yet passed the stones and i am still getting pain and the stones will not pass. The stones seem to bother me the most when i am standing and being active, Can kidney stones lead to kidney Failure?  How much worse can this get?  I don't know what else to do , I am at a loss, any help would be Greatly Appreciated. Thank You..
I posted a few days ago here and no one has responded, see my post below, starts out GROSS HEMATURA AND RIGHT FLANK AND BACK PAIN.
I have right flank and back pain and blood in urine, every few weeks I will have a burning in my urine and bloos be there.
Like you I tend to hurt when I am active.
Had ultrasound and no mass or tumors were found but they say i have to have other testing for stones; i hurt so badly; just wondered h\where your stones are located and how they found them? how many? how big are they? i am not sure about the kidney failure part, but the dr should be able to read the blood work for the kidney function and see if there are changes.
I would love to hear what you have to say about your condition, and hope you find help, I also hope your answers can help me.

K
From what my Doctor told me is that i have kidney stones in the ureter. I had an x-ray and that's how i found out that i had kidney stones, they are the size of a quarter from what the doctor told me. I have 3, and they hurt so bad and i cannot pass them. The more active i am the worse it is. iI know how you feel because i am also in the same situation, they are uncomfortable and there is not a day that does buy that i don't hurt. How big are your stones and where are yours located? How long have you had yours?
thanks for responding; i still do not know what my problem is, i had an ultrasound and they saw no mass, tumors or stones but the xray tech said i woul dnned an xray, going to be cystescoped wednesday and then from there i guess.
i have no idea what it is, they suspect stones, and i have had blood in urine, burning when i pee or not pee, right back and flank pain for 8 months.
i am frustrated, scared and in pain every minute of every day.
kel
I had urine in my blood as well but it comes and goes. The burning in the pee sounds as if it's a urinary tract infection, or it could be kidney stones as well. The kidney stones could be hiding, i have heard of that. Has your doctor given you anything for the pain? I hope everything goes well on Wednesday and hopefully they will have more answers for you. I know it's frustrating, and i am frustrated as well but i just take it one day at a time and i would tell your doctor just how much pain you are in, maybe he can help or give you a stronger medication.
blood comes and goes in my urine also, there is no infection when cultured; i burn when i pee and it burns when i do not pee; i have just never heard of having 8 months of symptoms like this the flank/back pain then days letter the blood in the urine, and not passing a stone, if that is what it is.
anyway, i guess i will know more after the cystescope.
i wish you better health and we will talk after wednesday.
thanks for responding.
do you mind me asking your age range? i am wondering of this is a midage thing? i will be 50 in july and this started sept. last year.

k
Thanks for responding, I have done some research on flank pain and it states the following: Flank pain often means kidney trouble. If flank pain is accompanied by fever, chills, blood in the urine, or frequent or urgent urination, then a kidney problem is the likely cause.
Anti-inflammatory drugs and physical therapy may be prescribed for flank pain .
I take cranberry pills everyday just to help any infections  and i also drink water as well, to flush out any bacteria and infection. I hope eveything goes well for you Tomorrow and know i am always here if you need to talk. BTW, I am 35 yrs old and from what i understand it has nohing to do with age, this affects all age groups, LOL I thought that as well...

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem