Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney Transplant?

I have been diagnosed to suffer from acute hypretension and now Renal insufficiency and will require a Kidney transplant  within a year. Apart from seeking a 2nd opinion, i remain unconvinced whatever the symptoms are? PLEASE, IS THERE ANY OTHER AILMENT THAT SHARES SIMILAR SYMPTOMS WITH hypertension/Renal Insufficiency and could lead to a kidney transplant?
How were you diagnosed? Did they go by creatinine or protein in the urine or what? High blood pressure (hypertension) leads to kidney disease (Renal Insufficiency) as well as other things do like diabetes, etc, that people just are not aware of until it is too late. This is why awareness and letting the general public know the risk factors is very important!

Were you diagnosed with hypertension and renal insufficiency at the same time? If diagnosed with acute hypertension previous to the kidney trouble then this should have been prevented by controlling the blood pressure.

Of course everyone's case is different. Ask more questions of whatever doctor diagnosed you and if that doctor was not a kidney doctor (Nephrologist) ask to be referred to one so you can get more information.

And get your blood pressure under control! This is VERY important! You don't want to end up on a dialysis machine like I did!

Being proactive in your own care is a smart thing to do! It is good that you are asking questions! Learn your test result numbers! Find out what your creatinine is at so you can learn your GFR number (so you know what stage of Renal Insufficiency you are at and if you can prevent eventual kidney failure)!

Learn all  you can but like with anything you learn online, verify it with your medical team as everyone's situation is different and what is right for someone else might not work for you.

By the way, I have had kidney disease (Renal insufficiency) since 1982.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem