Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney infection switching sides?

17/female. I was having pain on my right side when I pushed in. I went to the emergency room to get it checked out and it revealed that I had a kidney infection and a UTI. I was put on Bactrim and sent home. I have been taking the meds since last Monday (11/19). Now starting last night, I have had pain on my LEFT side when moving around. What is going on here?
Hi there,
Muscle strain, an injury to back muscles, ligaments or joints are few common causes of back pain. Compression of one of the lumbar nerves, the sacral nerve or the sciatic nerve may also be cause of lower left back pain. Kidney stones, kidney infection, irritable bowel syndrome are few other possibilities. Gynecological causes like ovarian cyst, fibroids can all lead to lower back ache. It is important to evaluate the cause of pain before initiating treatment. A clinical examination and ultrasound abdomen may be helpful. I hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and regards!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem