Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney pain questionable test results

I've posed before about my belief that I have lupus and my struggles to get a diagnosis, and I've also made a post about the organ pain I have, what's been bothering me is the test results I've gotten in the past.

I've had kidney pain for quite some time now. It's usually a constant deep ache beneath my rib. It kind of feel like someone is crushing me. Every now and then I will get really intense pains that hurt so bad I can't breathe, but they never last long. They could be stones but I've had quite a few urine tests and an ultrasound and no stones were seen.

I've had protein in my urine on multiple tests and one of my most recent ones I had blood and free hgb. My doctor told me not to worry about it. At the time I didn't know about the hgb, I was told females can have blood in their urine up to a week before their period and pretty much any time after. -_-

I only recently saw on my results that there was free hgb and I looked it up and now I am very upset because that is not supposed to be in urine under normal circumstances. I've suspected that I've had kidney inflammation from the lupus, my doctor even said himself some kind of inflammation must be causing my pain, yet he keeps telling me these test results don't mean anything.

This is what I've read about the hgb :

"Normally, there is no hemoglobin in the urine. Hemoglobinuria is a sign of a number of conditions including:

acute nephritis (acute glomerulonephritis),
burns,
kidney cancer,
malaria,
paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (dark urine in the morning that lightens up during the day),
the hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS),
pyelonephritis,
sickle cell anemia (or any other type of hemolytic anemia),
a transfusion reaction (due to an immune response against transfused red blood cells),
thrombotic thrombocytic purpura (TTP), and
tuberculosis of the urinary tract."

As a side note we've already confirmed I don't have any kind of bladder infection. I've noticed very unusually dark colored urine (for me), especially earlier in the day. I know in the mornings urine is concentrated but it has never looked like that before.

Should I be concerned? Or am I looking too much into what these test results show?
What are the symptoms present? I understand your concern regarding this. A repeat urinalysis may be done  and it is recommended that you discuss the results also with your attending physician and  determine if hemoglobin is still present. Factors such as your medical history and results of other tests are also important considerations. Increased oral fluid intake is highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem