Kidney problem

I have a 7 year old grandson who has been having kidney issues for the last 18 months.  Symptoms are, BLOOD IN URINE, SLIGHT PROTEIN IN URINE, ABDOMINAL PAIN, LETHARGIA, AND PUFFINESS AROUND EYES AND FACE.  He is set for a kidney biopsy on the 20th of this month.  No one can come up with a diagnosis.  He has been on steroids, which do not seem to help, and symptoms can come and go.  He also complains of body aches.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?  Or does anyone have a child with same symptoms? Thank you Bella1950
Also need to mention that my 13 year old grandaughter, his sister, also is now having protein and ketones in her urine, and both have lots of sore joints and body aches, but she also has had high blood calcium.  This is very destressing to all of us. No one in our family has any kidney issues.  She was tested for diabetes, and did not have that. Thanks for any help, Bella1950
There is a federal website that gives you information on digestive and kidney disease. When you arrive on the web page, look to your left, and there are blue bars, and one says Kidney Diseases. Click on the bar, and you will arrive at a web page with just information on kidney disorders and diseases. Return to the first web page and click on digestion, and you will see a link for digestion and there is a page for just digestive disorders and diseases. The national website is for both digestion and kidney information. Go to http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov.

Good luck.

Harrald