Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Kidney stones & cysts

I have been struggling for the past several years with 7 kidney stones. I have successfully passed 4 of them to be told there are 5 more to go and a kidney cyst to boot!  Not to worry, just continue on like nothings wong.  I have to be so careful with what I eat, or I am visting the bathroom the entire night.  Most everything upsets my stomach or causes serve cramping.  What should I do from here?  I am only 38 it sure has been ALONG 2 yrs...What has caused the cyst?
i don't know anything about cysts but my urologist said to drink water and more water. that if a person with a history or stones drinks 2x as much water as someone with out than we have 1/8 the risk of repeat stones -that it's a cube function.  I have a cousin that has had several stones and he's said he drinks a big glass of water before he goes to bed and that's helped him avoid stones...  good luck.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem