Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Possible kidney infection?

When should I see a doc? For the last 6-7 months, I have been dealing with 'kidney stones'. I say 'kidney stones' since the docs are unsure what is wrong with me.

Last 6-7 months, I have had a varying amount of blood in my urine (varies from a little to a lot when I visited the doc 4-5 times)... but normal CT scans. I am going through further testing soon... IVP, blood tests, and going to send a microscope through me to see where the blood is coming from

About 2 weeks ago I went to the ER since I couldnt stop shaking and my stomache kept spasming. My blood pressure was 140/89- my usual is about 120/60 (21 y/o Female) They didnt know what was wrong... gave me saline and sent me on my way.

The last 25-26 hours, I have had a constant, low fever... ranging from 99-100. Even though it is a low fever, I still feel really miserable and like my head is going to explode.

Possible kidney infection... or just a little bug? When should I consider seeing a doc? Thank you!
I would get to the doc asap. My daughter was diagnosed with "kidney stones" and had recurrent infections, and she ended up having to get her kidney removed. She ignored her symptoms for a long time. I don't want to scare you, she is fine now with her one kidney, but it would have been nice to save it if we could have.I wish you well...cat
Hey Cat, thanks for the response. What do you mean by 'Kidney Stones'? Do you mean the same thing I do? What was her symtoms? I finally saw a urologist the other day... he ordered me an IVP to check my kidney function and blood tests to check for cancerous cells. I get the results on the 23rd and also get a cystoscopy done to see where the blood is coming from. I really hope I can finally get some answers.

What were your daughters sysmptoms? What sort of reaccuring infections? They tested my urine, found blood but no bacteria that would make them think I have an infection.

Thanks!
Kidney stones meant that I don't think they did a thorough test either, so they just generalized it. She had pains in her back, but no pain urinating. She had recurring UTI'sI wouldn't worry too much about cancer, but it's a good idea to get checked out anyway.We had to go out of town to get her final diagnosis. It was called UPJ obstruction.Her kidney was unable to drain, therefore, it swelled up and caused the pain.It was most likely a congenital defect. The symptoms usually surface in the teenage years.It can usually be repaired, but we didn't catch it in time and her kidney had no function left. Now she has something called "tonsil stones". Her left tonsil is actually deteriorating. Weird, she was a healthy child, I wonder if all these problems are connected somehow.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem