Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Should I be concerned? GFR #

I am a 35 year old woman who has a history of kidney problems as a teen, even spending a week in the hospital with what we thought was a "severe infection backing up toxins in my system".  Also, I have somewhat of a family history of kidney disease with an aunt dieing at the age of 38 with what was called "Bright's Disease".

The last couple of years, my husband and I were trying to have a baby and I miscarried twice early (making this our third miscarriage).  I was given a battery of test and it was found I had moderatly high Anticardiolipin Antibodies IgM of 30.  I was diagnosed with Antiphospholipid syndrome.  The hemotoloigist also ran a GFR test (using serum creatinine) which showed my GFR at 67 ml/1.73 sqm.  A few months later we concieved and were able to carry the pregnancy to term using Lovenox 40 ml shots daily.  

I haven't felt well since the delivery of our baby.  I have had shortness of breath and am just tired a lot.  Another eGFR test was done, using the same method and showed it to be 57 ml/1.73 sqm.

Soooo... I asked my GP to refer me to a Nephrologist and before she would, she ran a Creatinine Clearance test and checked my GFR that way.  THAT test showed my GFR to be 65 ml/1.73 sqm.  Since it is above 60, they arn't concerned.

My concern is, first of all, yes, my GFR is 65 (above 60) but I am 35 years old.  Another concern is that, using the same method of testing, my GFR dropped 10 points in ONE year!

Should I insist on seeing a Nephrologist of just asked to be tested again next December?

Thanks,  Laura
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem