Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

UTIs/Kidney disease

I have been having infection since last August. Infection goes away temporally after Antibiotics(micorbid), it usually comes back after 3 to 5 weeks. Around November, my right kidney start hurting, and it becomes worse and worse.

Here is the ultrasound done a few days ago: right upper pole calyceal diverticulum 1.8x1.7x12cm with calcification. mild pelviectasis of the right kidney and moderate hydronephrosis  of the left kidney. Bladder appeared normal with a minimum post-void residual urinary volume.

I used to have cyst in each of kidney with independent of milk calcium. What is the situation now? should I get any treatment and further exam right away? I am so worried.

Thank you very much!
JingJing
Hi JingJing,
What other symptoms are present? I understand your concern regarding this and ultrasound result shows moderate hydronephrosis of left kidney. Hydronephrosis or kidney swelling is a condition that occurs with a disease such as acute unilateral obstructive uropathy; blockage of a ureter due to scarring, tumor, urinary stones; chronic unilateral obstructive uropathy; vesicoureteric reflux  or backflow of urine from bladder to kidney; or nephrolithiasis . It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests such as CT scan may be indicated. Treatment will also depend on the condition present. Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem