Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Undiagnosed Kidney Problem

I am a 25 year old female, 150 pounds, and exercise regularly. I have been having mutliple health problems for four years shorty after having mono, and kidney stones which were a year and a half apart. Focusing on the kidneys they are constantly sore. When I eat certain foods, especially salty foods, i urinate even more frequently, and leak urine. I have been to a urologist and my bladder is perfectly healthy. I have been to a homeopathic doctor who has discovered all my problems stem from my kidneys, I was told my left kidney functions at 80% normal and my right at 92%. I have had other symptoms such as sore muscles, and hives. I do believe my kidneys are the reason for all of these symptoms. I use two pads a day, and urinate anywhere from 10 to 25 times a day. If I go out to a Mexican restaurant, I find myself up every hour of the night. Beverages and food with high sodium content also make my symptoms worse. I have been told I'm not diabetic, but have history, my father and maternal grandfather also have a  history of stones. In 2004 I had a stone stuck in my ureter for a few days, and finally went to the hospital to have something injected in to relieve pain. Other that that I do not know the cause of my stones. I want to see a nephrologist but am curious if anyone has clues to what is going on. I cant live this way any longer!
Possibly diabetes insipidus
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem