Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

kidney stone problems

hey, im a 26 year old female, ive been suffering with kidney stones for the past 4 years....about 3 months ago i kept going to the doctor because both my kidneys were hurting, we did several test and they could never find anything out...they finally sent me for a scan and found out that both kidneys have several stones...about two weeks later i ended up going to the er b/c of pain then about 3 days later i passed a stone about the size of my pinkey finger,(it was huge) now a month later im having more issues...is there anything else i can do to get rid of these things...also today i went to urinate and there was blood, should i be alarmed by this...im still going to the bathroom, but not sure if i needed to go back to the doctor...everytime i go they say theres not much they can do bc i will just have to pass them????? any help would be good!!
Hi jesstat
How do I Brake down Kidney Stones?
I joined so I could tell what I have learned from a lifetime of kidney stones...I am 60 years old and have had kidney operations or lipotripsy (lazier) (shock waves) ( fished them out) you name it if it was a way to treat kidney stones it was done to me since I was 21 years of age...at that time the Dr said I had them since I was about 2 years old because my stone was the size of a Large Peach Seed...The operation in the 70's deformed my kidney and after that they always settled in the bottom of the kidney and all of them would not all come out but believe me some did!....I found that riding in a car or truck with bad Shocks or a Bubble on a tire would make me hurt worse as the stone grew in the flesh of the kidney the ruff riding would tare it from the kidney and that is when I would have to go have the Dr remove them from me again ... to make a long story short...
On April 18, 2006 I was scheduled to have another kidney operation to fish out all my stones again.....In March of 2006 I went to a NEET DR. (listed under Chiropractors) and was treated for allergies to Calcium...and various things that Kidney Stones are made of as well as I took him some of the stones ( I shared them with both Dr, there was that much!) I had just passed with the SIMPLE method I now use....When I start hurting on my left side I know a stone is passing so I drink Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water as strong as my taste would let me ...and as much of the mixture as I could handle...then I drink about 1/2 gallon of water in the next 30 minutes to a hour... Water EXPANDS All your urinary track to allow the particles of stones to flow freely... the urinary track is like a rubber band with a hole in the middle....if you try to push a sandspur or thorny sticker through a hole in the center of a rubber band it will be almost impossible or you will tear the rubber band correct? Now if you fill that rubber band with water it will expand it so the sticker will move through it SO much easier...That's the only way to EXPAND THE URINARY TRACK...unless you want a stint in you....to me that was worse than the stone's...I also used of a Heavy Duty Back Massager in the area where it is the most painful...I bear down on it and make it shake....that Brakes my Stones Down to Small Fragments that I hardly even feel anymore! I keep drinking water and following the stone's with the massager until I no longer have pain...usually it takes about 30 minuets to a hour...with breaks in between if your pain comes and goes...if a big stone doesn't break down real good you may want to repeat the same method again... I also bought a strainer at the Med Supply store and caught them for a couple of days....An Boy Did I Catch Some!...In size from sand on the beach to dust partials!... I've had them pass in clusters of 10 - 15 pieces or more at a time doing this method ...When I went to the Hospital for my operation they prepared me for Surgery took x-rays ect...then parked me outside the operation room door....after awhile my Dr. came to me and said Mrs. ____ there is a problem here...your x-rays show you don't have any Kidney Stones... just a tiny one embedded in the flesh of your kidney...LOL!....so I ended up not having a Kidney operation!...It's been 2 years now and only little pings 2 or 3 times...I hardly even think about them anymore!...I hope this method of mine helps you feel better...it always helps me...didn't cost much either!...Keep in mind this is MY method....and it works for me....I hope it works for you....every body and every stone is different...Now Go Have Some FUN!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem