Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

stent placement

i had a urinary stent placed 1 week ago for a large stone in my left kidney.I have NEVER had such pain .It made my kidney spasm uncontrollably  it was very very painful. i went right back to the urologist and had it removed the next morning. what would have caused that?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The causes for stone formation are urinary tract infections, kidney disorders and metabolic disorders like hyperparathyroidism. In addition to this a person with a strong family history is more likely to develop stones. So, the stone formation causes need to be dealt with to prevent stone formation. In addition the therapy for renal stones depends on the size, the location and the kidney functions.

Dietary changes may help prevent kidney stone formation if you are prone for it. Prevention strategies for kidney stones include - Increasing your daily fluid intake and taking the recommended daily allowance of calcium. Increase your fluid intake to the point where your urine volume reaches 2.5 litres a day. This may mean drinking up to 3 litres a day, if you live in a hot, dry climate or if you are involved in strenuous physical activity. Increasing urine volume decreases the concentration of minerals in the urine. This makes it less likely that a stone will form. Also, frequent voiding and drinking plenty of water can help prevent urinary tract infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem